Beer and bands are coming together for the Isla Vista Surfrider Foundation’s Concert for the Coast in Anisq’ Oyo’ Park on Saturday.

The Concert for the Coast, which runs from noon to 7 p.m., is an annual event designed to help local groups dispense information about environmental and coastal issues and raise money for local organizations, I.V. Surfrider co-founder Scott Bull said. Bull, who is the grants manager for the Associated Students Shoreline Preservation Fund, said money raised at the concert will also go towards I.V. Ocean Kids, a local group that works to educate teenagers about coastal resources, as well as Goleta coastline preservation group the Save Naples Coalition and the construction of a skate park in I.V.

The event will feature a Fat Tire beer garden, sponsored by the New Belgium Brewery, that will serve beer from 14 different kegs for $3 a cup. Bull said bands such as Iration, the White Buffalo, Blue Turtle Seduction, the Jason Beard Band, the Nikhil Korula Band and the Kinsella Brothers will perform during the concert.

“Last year, the beer garden was behind the amphitheater,” Bull said. “What’s exciting about this year’s event is more than half of the beer garden is going to actually be in the amphitheater. So everyone hanging out in the beer garden can be in front of the stage listening to the bands and dancing.”

Over 1,000 people attended the concert last year, and I.V. Surfrider Co-Chair Amy Zimmer-Faust said she hopes more people will come to the event this year. Zimmer-Faust, a second-year environmental studies major, said attendees will have the opportunity to enter a $1 raffle with prizes that include gift certificates from Hempwise, Keg ‘n’ Bottle Market and the Beach House.

I.V. Surfrider Co-Chair Jenna Newburn, a second-year Spanish major, said booths will be set up during the concert with information about environmental causes from groups like the Save Naples Coalition, Shoreline Preservation Fund, A.S. Environmental Affairs Board and A.S. Recycling Programs. Newburn said speakers from the various groups will deliver speeches to the crowd between musical performances.

“[The concert] is a great opportunity to support local issues about the coastline while having a great time,” Newburn said, “Amy [Zimmer-Faust] and I are really excited for our favorite local band, Iration, to play.”

Bull said he thinks local residents should attend the concert because it will provide a chance for them to enjoy local music and contribute money to worthy organizations.

“It’s a high-quality show, where all the money raised by beer sales is going to a good cause,” Bull said.

Bull said A.S. will be providing the security at the event, which helped the event organizers convince the Isla Vista Recreation and Park District to let organizers rent Anisq’ Oyo’ Park for the concert.

“The Park District was excited to hear our event would be contained this year, making it safer and much more enjoyable for everyone who comes,” Bull said.