Sets, spikes and swimsuits will fill Greek Park this Saturday, as Alpha Tau Omega fraternity hosts the annual All-Sorority Volleyball Tournament.

Eighteen sorority teams and hundreds of onlookers are expected to attend the charity event, which runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Greek Park. Matches will also take place at the volleyball pits at the Phi Sigma Kappa and Kappa Sigma fraternity houses. Teams from UCLA and UC Davis are expected to attend and compete against UCSB sororities.

Kevin Pollack, ATO philanthropy co-chair, said the fraternity expects to raise between $2,000 and $3,000 during the tournament. Each team competing in the event paid a $350 entry fee. Pollack, a third-year English and philosophy major, said ATO wanted to donate the proceeds to a local cause that had affected the area. Proceeds from the event will go to the families of the victims of the Goleta Post Office shooting, which took place last January.

“We really wanted to help the local community,” Pollack said. “As part of I.V., we wanted to help someone close to home.”

Twenty-two teams of sorority girls, including groups from UCLA and Cal Poly, competed in last year’s tournament. Because the event drew a large crowd last year, the Isla Vista Recreation and Park District raised the rental price for the event to $750, plus an additional $1,000 deposit, Pollack said.

Last year’s event cost ATO $500 in park rental fees and an additional $1,000 for the deposit.

“The park district was saying [the attendance] will be upward of 1,000,” Pollack said. “[We] say it’s more like the high hundreds, but it’s hard to say because it’s an open park. If it’s a nice day, it could be huge.”

Pollack said he thinks the IVRPD raised the rental rate because board members expect the crowds at the tournament to be large and hard to control. He said he thinks the extra money the fraternity has to pay the district should be going toward the group’s philanthropic efforts.

“We really want to take all this money to the charity, [but the IVRPD is] kind of tying our hands here,” Pollack said.

IVRPD Board Secretary Enid Osborn, who oversees the park permit process, said the records of how much ATO paid last year are confidential and the board would not comment on the issue.

At this year’s tournament, Pollack said ATO will have six private security guards and two off-duty police officers patrolling the event. The fraternity also obtained an alcohol permit from the IVRPD.

Pollack said he has been working with Lt. Sol Linver of the Isla Vista Foot Patrol for the past three months to ensure that crowds stay under control at this year’s event. Officers and security guards will make sure there is no underage drinking at the event, and DJs playing music during the tournament will issue warnings about the event’s regulations throughout the day.

“We’re trying to make sure that the drinking stays in the park. … We definitely don’t want anyone to get [alcohol-related] citations,” Pollack said.

IVFP Sgt. Cindy Galante said no additional officers will be on duty during the tournament. She said the foot patrol is not worried about the tournament, because the event takes place on a Saturday afternoon and similar events have occurred without any major incidents in the past.

“Normally people are very good [at these types of events], so I don’t anticipate any problems,” Galante said.

This is the second year ATO has hosted the ASVT, which used to called the Inter-Sorority Volleyball Tournament and was coordinated by the Lambda fraternity. The profits from last year’s event went to the victims of the La Conchita mudslide.