Associated Students Internal Vice President Adam Graff was arrested early Friday morning for public intoxication after deputies from the Isla Vista Foot Patrol (IVFP) witnessed him walking erratically on Embarcadero del Norte.

Graff, a fourth-year biology major, was arrested at 935 Embarcadero del Norte at 1:30 a.m. on Feb. 17. According to the arresting officer’s report, Graff was having difficulty standing and was using walls and fences to support himself. The officer also noticed him walking in circles, and the report stated that he thought Graff looked like he was searching for something.

According to the report, when officers asked Graff for his address, he responded with “6836 Isla Vista.” Graff then told officers he was going to his house on Trigo Road, but the officers noted that he was walking east on Embarcadero del Norte and not toward his home. Graff was told to show the officers his identification, the report stated, and he pulled out the entire contents of his wallet before presenting the deputies with his driver license.

Police subsequently arrested Graff for public intoxication and transported him to the Santa Barbara County Jail.

According to the UCSB Student Affairs website, public intoxication is a misdemeanor offense that can result in jail time and a fine.

Graff declined to comment on his arrest and said he would not discuss the incident until after his court hearing, which is scheduled for March 17.
– Mollie Vandor