After nearly two weeks of non-stop moviegoing, we here at Artsweek would like to stop, recognize and congratulate the winners of the 2006 Santa Barbara International Film Festival. The envelope please…

The American Spirit Award for the best American independent feature film: “In Memory of My Father”

A Special Jury Award: “Live and Become” The Gold Vision Award: for the “most innovative and unique film with an inspiring and groundbreaking vision”: Dually awarded to “The Hamiltons” and “Night of the Dog”

The Best International Feature Award: “Tsotsi”

The Nueva Vision Award for Best Spanish and Latin American Film: “Malas Temporadas (Bad Times)”

Best Documentary Feature: “King Leopold’s Ghost” Bruce Corwin Award for Best Live

Action Short Film: “Spin” Bruce Corwin Award for Best Animation: “The Mantis Parable”

Fund for SB Social Justice Award for a documentary that tackles issues of social justice: “Sisters in Law”

The BAFTA/LA Award for Best Short Film (under 10 minutes): (Best short film under 10 minutes): “Spin”

10-10-10 Student Screenwriting Competition:

High School: Avery Medjuck from San Marcos High School

College: Laurie Tsou from UCSB

Sotheby’s International Realty 10-10-10 Student Filmmaking Competition:

High School: Shea Peinado, Santa Barbara High School, for her film “The Expendable”

College: Christophe Faubert, Brooks Institute, for his film “Fool Proof” (Josh Woolf, Brad Stonesifer and Sam Brownfield accepted the award along with Faubert.)

The Santa Barbara Independent Audience Choice for Best Feature: “Joyeux No