A white SUV hit an Isla Vista Foot Patrol (IVFP) officer at the intersection of Sabado Tarde Road and Camino del Sur on Sunday morning, leaving the deputy shaken but unharmed.

At approximately 1:15 a.m. Sunday, deputies attempted to stop the SUV after they observed it driving recklessly and narrowly miss hitting several pedestrians, said Bruno Bertuzzi, a deputy from the Goleta office of the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Dept. who is investigating the incident. When the officers approached the SUV and asked the unidentified woman driving the vehicle to turn off the engine, she swerved and sped away, hitting one of the officers in the process, Bertuzzi said. He said the officer was not injured in the collision.

Ten minutes after the incident, a witness helped officers locate the vehicle on Berkshire Terrace, a street off of Camino del Sur. Bertuzzi said the vehicle was empty, but deputies found several of the passengers in the area and arrested one 17-year-old woman who was allegedly under the influence of drugs.

Bertuzzi said police did not find the driver that night and she turned herself in Sunday morning. He said the woman is not a local resident and was not detained, but charges will be filed against her.

The woman will likely be charged with reckless driving and assaulting a police officer, Bertuzzi said. He said it is up to the district attorney to decide what charges the suspect will face.

Bertuzzi was unable to release the names of the officer that was hit or of any suspects involved in the case, as the incident is still under investigation.