Office of Residential Life officials expect to replace the head staff at Santa Rosa Residence Hall within the next week, after having the positions vacated since approximately the beginning of Fall Quarter.

Santa Rosa Hall Resident Director (RD) Jose Garcia and Assistant Resident Director Kristin Jordan resigned earlier this month for reasons Residential Life officials have declined to disclose. Robert Donerson, assistant director of Resident Life, said RDs from neighboring buildings will watch over Santa Rosa until the open positions are filled.

“The RDs of San Nicolas and San Miguel [Halls] are paying special attention to the building,” Donerson said. “The students do not lack any services.”

Following standard procedure, at least one RD is placed on duty every night for all residence halls, Donerson said. The system, which functions on a rotating basis, is designed to ensure that a member of the head staff is available at all times in case the director of a building is not at home.

On weekends, Residential Life divides the campus into two zones and places one RD in charge of each zone, Donerson said. Anacapa, San Miguel, San Nicolas, Santa Cruz and Santa Rosa are grouped together, leaving Manzanita Village, San Rafael and Francisco Torres in the second zone.

Donerson said resident assistants (RAs) also have instructions on how to collaborate with and contact these head staffers to ensure residents’ safety. He said these safeguards will leave Santa Rosa well-covered.

Alicia Lewis, the RD of San Miguel, said she has been lending Santa Rosa as much assistance as she can.

“Everybody is pitching in,” Lewis said. “If I see the RAs, I check in with them, just kind of giving moral support and [seeing] if I can help with anything.”

Lewis said Judicial Affairs Coordinator LaDonte King is handling all judicial matters for the hall.