As part of tomorrow’s Concert for the Coast, organizers will be planting an unusual kind of garden in Anisq’ Oyo’ Park — one that should yield a healthy harvest of brewed hops and barley.

The Isla Vista Surfrider Foundation will host the fifth annual Concert for the Coast tomorrow from noon to 6 p.m. in Anisq’ Oyo’ Park. The concert will feature six reggae and rock bands, and — for the first time in the history of the event — a beer garden sponsored by the Fort Collins, Colo.-based New Belgium Brewing Company. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Naples Coalition, an organization working to limit high-income housing developments on a stretch of the Gaviota Coast north of Santa Barbara. The coalition also provides several summer surf camp scholarships for youths selected from the I.V. Teen Center. Mathis Riley, co-chair of I.V. Surfrider and one of the coordinators of the concert, said he has high hopes for the event.

“It should be an awesome day in the park for a good cause with sunshine, music and great beer,” Riley said.

The Concert for the Coast has raised money for local environmental and preservation projects every year since it was first held in 2000. Last year the concert raised over $400 for the More Mesa Preservation Coalition, an organization working to preserve Mesa Beach, located two miles east of campus. Riley said he hopes this year’s event will generate more money because it features six bands — four of them local — and a fenced-in beer garden area where people can buy and drink alcohol.

“We’re hoping to get a couple thousand dollars,” Riley said.

Shoreline Preservation Fund Grants Manager Scott Bull said his organization has contributed $500 to the concert, but he said the effort to preserve the coast would benefit from more publicity.

“The mega-mansions are totally inappropriate for the character of Gaviota Coast,” Bull said. “Hopefully the concert will educate people about the process and the larger environmental battles that affect Santa Barbara County.”

Bull said he hopes the event will help curb coastal development of houses that are only affordable to the very wealthy.

“If more people do get involved, we can change the outcome of this development,” Bull said.

The Isla Vista Recreation and Park District (IVRPD) required the concert’s organizers to obtain a special license from the California Alcoholic Beverage Control Dept. for the event. Enid Osborn, the IVRPD park rental secretary, said this type of alcohol distribution is new to the area.

“This event is definitely unique,” Osborn said. “They’ve gone to a lot of trouble to hire a professional beer garden.”

Osborn said Surfrider will provide security guards for the fenced-in beer garden area, and the I.V. Foot Patrol will also be tasking extra officers to patrol the concert and keep celebrations from getting out of hand.

Kat Kellogg, central coast distributor for the New Belgium Brewing Company, said the beer featured at the concert will be Fat Tire, the brewing company’s top-selling amber ale. Kellogg said New Belgium, which broke into the Southern California market last November, prides itself in being energy-efficient and socially responsible.

“We recycle everything from beer malt to beer bottles to boxes in the shipping plant,” Kellogg said. “We’re all about brewing beer with a bigger picture in mind.”

Cups of beer will sell for $1 each from noon to 1 p.m. and $2 each from 1 p.m. until the concert ends at 6 p.m.