You came in unprecedented numbers, and most of you had to go home. But you’re in luck, because Arts & Lectures is hosting a special second screening of the hit documentary film, “The Corporation” tonight at Campbell Hall. Tickets are available at the A&L Ticket Office or at the door for $6 general and $5 students. The screening starts at 7:30. But judging by the turnout last time, you should probably get there pretty early. See www.artsandlectures.ucsb.edu for more information. Also tonight, rock icons R.E.M. will be performing at the Santa Barbara Bowl, along with special guest Five Eight. Be sure and check out this band while they are still rockin’. Tickets range from $64.25 to $79.25. The show starts at 6:30 p.m.

Esteemed playwright Tony Kushner will be appearing at Campbell Hall tonight for what is sure to be a revealing display of the artist’s feelings on faith, death and life in relation to his own body of work, which includes the Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award-winning “Angels in America.” And if that wasn’t enough to make going worthwhile, he’ll be sharing the stage and conversation with the Dude himself, Mr. Jeff Bridges. The talk starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25 for the general public and $15 for students. Also tonight, master bluesman Taj Mahal will be performing and the Lobero Theatre at 8 p.m. His Caribbean-flavored blues is sure to please the senses. Tickets range from $27.50 to $42.50. See www.lobero.com for more information.

This Saturday is the opening of the fall season of I.V. Live, the weekly variety entertainment show held in Embarcadero Hall. Performing this week are David Courtenay, Theresa Willis, Kristen Palmer, and the I.V. Players. The Show starts at 9 p.m. See www.ivlive.net for more information. On Sunday, the Santa Barbara Museum of Art will be presenting a lecture from nature photographer Subhankar Banerjee titled “Seasons of Life and Land: Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.” He will discuss his photographic exploration of the region as well as his views of the need to protect it. The lecture is at 3 p.m. See www.sbmuseart.org for more information. Both of these events are free of charge.

Portuguese musical icon Mariza will be taking the stage at Campbell Hall tonight to move the crowd with her sensual, despairing and revelatory Fado music (Portuguese urban folk). Much like the Blues, Fado is said to be a music that cannot be explained, only experienced. So, experience it for yourself starting at 8 p.m. Tickets are $35 for the public and $17 for students. Or head over to the MultiCultural Center for a lecture by former host of NPR’s “All Things Considered,” Emil “Amok” Guillermo titled, “A Public Asian America: The Emerging Silent Vote.” He will discuss the upcoming election as well as provide insight into generational issues of the emerging Asian American Community. Starts at 7 p.m. Free.

Go see the Santa Barbara Chamber Orchestra, featuring violinist Amy Hershberger and flautist Angela Wiegard, performing at the Lobero tonight. The program includes four works by Bach. The show begins at 8 p.m. and tickets range from $37.50 to $42.50. See www.lobero.com for more information. Also tonight is a free sneak preview of the new film “Alfie,” starring Hollywood hunk Jude Law. The preview is presented by the Associated Students Program Board, and will be held at IV Theater. Go to the AS Ticket Office the day of the showing at noon to get your free ticket. Limit two tickets per ACCESS card. For more information, see aspb.as.ucsb.edu.

Tonight the Interdisciplinary Humanities Center will be hosting a symposium titled, “HOME FREE? Isla Vista: Classrooms of the Community.” Speakers include Kris Miller Fisher (College of Creative Studies), Harry Reese (Art), and Kim Yasuda (Art). This free event begins at 7:30 p.m. in the McCune Conference Room, 6020 HSSB, 6th Floor. Also tonight, Arts & Lectures will be presenting a screening of “Bright Leaves,” the documentary film in which Ross McElwee (Sherman’s March) expounds on the tobacco industry, his native North Carolina, his family legacy. The screening will be at Campbell Hall beginning at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $6 for the general public and $5 for students.