You’ve probably noticed that the bike paths are all cluttered with red, yellow and green signs urging you to vote in the upcoming Associated Students. elections. If you have noticed them, you probably already know that the elections take place April 20-22.

Either way, before you elect anybody to an Associated Students position, you should know that A.S. includes over 20 boards and committees. Here’s a synopsis of what A.S. really is:

Program Board: Are you going to the NOFX concert tonight? Thank the Program Board for bringing the Punk Voter Tour to you. It also puts on the Tuesday night films in Isla Vista Theater. The board promotes about 100 events every year, ranging from concerts and films to guest lectures. Stop by the office in the MultiCultural Center (MCC) for more info.

Legal Resource Center: Is your landlord dicking you over? Ask a lawyer at the Legal Resource Center. Their aim is to educate you for free on your rights and responsibilities as a tenant and to help you when problems arise. Stop by Mondays through Thursdays, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. on the second floor of the MCC.

Finance Board: If your group needs funding, these are the people to talk to. They work with the A.S. president and Legislative Council to set the annual budget and disburse funds to student organizations. Meet Mondays at 4 p.m. in the UCen’s Flying A Room.

Student Lobby: Educates the UCSB community about political issues and developments that pertain to students’ rights, needs and concerns. They meet on behalf of all UCSB students every Monday at 8 p.m. in the A.S. Main Office in the MCC.

BIKES: Bicycle Improvements Keep Everyone Safe. They will respond to any student input regarding bike parking and paths at UCSB, so stop by Thursdays at 10 a.m. in the UCen’s Goleta Valley Room.

Academic Affairs Board: Addresses class size and allocation, and works to bring you exciting and new academic minors. Thursdays at 8 p.m., A.S. Main Office.

Business Services Committee: Oversees student-run businesses like the A.S. Bike Shop, A.S. Notetaking, A.S. Cashiers and the A.S. Ticket Office. Sundays at 7 p.m., Freebirds.

CODA: The Commission on Disability Access educates the campus community on disability issues, interests and awareness. Wednesdays at 7 p.m., CODA office upstairs in the MCC.

COPS: The Commission on Public Safety provides a voice within Associated Students that addresses the needs of the UCSB student body regarding safety on campus and in Isla Vista. Thursdays at 6 p.m. at Espresso Roma.

CAB: The Community Affairs Board provides information, training and resources for students wanting to volunteer at local nonprofit agencies. Tuesdays at 5 p.m. in the CAB office, second floor in the UCen.

S.C.O.R.E.: The Student Commission On Racial Equality is dedicated to confronting issues of underrepresented and misrepresented student groups on campus. Combat inequality weekly at 6:30 p.m. upstairs in the MCC.

Environmental Affairs Board: These people work to preserve and enhance the natural outdoors with environmentally friendly projects. They raise ecological awareness on and off campus, so stop by Tuesdays at 7 p.m. upstairs in the MCC.

I.V. Community Relations Committee: They oversee the disbursement of I.V. improvement funds and work with Santa Barbara County and Isla Vista officials on issues such as police relations and public safety. Mondays at 7 p.m. in the I.V. Community Services Center behind D