The Associated Students Finance Board began its second-to-last meeting of the quarter Monday afternoon with $5,814.62 in unallocated funds – and adjourned with $410.62 left in its purse.

Finance Board gave a total of $5,404 to seven student groups. Among the major recipients was A.S. Legislative Council, which received $1,254 to put on a barbecue before the final men’s basketball game of the season. The Student Commission on Racial Equality (S.C.O.R.E.) was granted $2,050 to send students to the UC Student of Color Conference in San Diego. The board also gave the student theater group Mask and Scroll $600 for its production of a student-run play, “The Marriage of Bette and Boo.”

Additional sums of $800 went to A.S. Media Relations for operating costs, $300 to the Student Action Forum on the Middle East for a film screening, $300 to Gamma Zeta Alpha for a guest speaker and $100 to the Persian American Heritage Foundation.

The March 6 barbecue hosted by Leg Council before the final men’s basketball game against Long Beach is an alcohol-free event and is free to all students with an ACCESS card. Security will be the largest cost incurred by the event, said A.S. Leg Council member Felicia Cruz. The university requires police presence for the full three hours.

Leg Council member Kristen Ditlevsen, who also sits on Finance Board, said the proposal would have come sooner if campus administrators had been more cooperative.

“There were a lot of delays; we had to work through the fire marshal and Parking Services just to find a place to hold [the barbecue],” she said. “But it’s going to be a really great event. We’re going to have tons of music and food.”

Leg Council’s request was passed unanimously. Another group to receive a significant grant was S.C.O.R.E., which received $2,050 in travel expenses for the UC-wide Student of Color Conference held at UCSD this year.

S.C.O.R.E. representative Bernardo Trujillo presented the organization’s budget needed to take a group of 30 students from various student groups to the conference.

“The goal of the trip is to provide leadership, and allow a diverse group of people to learn about leadership and bring that back to UCSB,” Trujillo said.

After a short deliberation, the board passed a motion to fund S.C.O.R.E.’s travel expenses for the conference.

The board also heard Mask and Scroll Director Jonathan Young explain the troupe’s request for a contribution toward lighting and sound equipment for its production of “The Marriage of Bette and Boo,” which will take place March 4 to 7 and cost students $5.

While the equipment will cost a total of $1,600, Young said the school-sanctioned student group would appreciate a donation of any amount. Mask and Scroll received $600 from Finance Board’s dwindling account, since the theater group could still ask other organizations for money, such as the Residence Halls Association and Office of Student Life.