Thursday 4
If you’re looking to put some twang in your usual music lineup, check out Allison Krauss + Union Station when they play at the Arlington tonight at 9. The Illinois-bred sextet plays all the necessary instruments to be considered true country, including the fiddle, violin, dobro and drums. Tickets appear to be sold out, but if you show up early you might find luck on your side at the last minute. Call 963-4408 for more info. Raise the roof and do the super-fly version of the funky chicken, all while wearing oversized, neon-colored clothes at Velvet Jones tonight at 9. The Peonz Crue will get down with their mix of hip hop, funk and ’80s beats. For prices and info call 965-8676.

Friday 5
A day trip to the picturesque Italian island of canals might not be possible during finals week, but the Lobero Theater will offer the next best thing tonight at 8. The “Sings Like Hell” series presents Venice, a group of harmonizing singer/songwriters, back by popular demand. After their last show two years ago, the Lobero audience and Venice fans still wanted more. Advance tickets are $34.50 to check out what all the fuss was about. Call 963-0761 for tickets and info. If Latin jazz is more up your alley, then shake your tush around at La Casa de la Raza, where Kim Wilson will perform tonight. This new venue is located at 601 E Montecito Street in downtown Santa Barbara. For prices and info call 965-8581.

Saturday 6
The oh-so-comfy skater shoe company invites you back for more with the Vans “Off the Wall Club Tour,” featuring TSOL, Death By Stereo, Western Waste and The Suicide Machines. Get your dose of adrenaline-laced punk and, as always, a good helping of Vans stickers and supplies at the Ventura Theater. The 7p.m. show is only $15. For additional info call 653-0721. If you prefer flip-flops over tennis shoes[[,]] then check out the acoustic show at the Pink Mailbox. There will be three solo performers from NY, D.C., and even Sweden. The show starts at 7pm and only costs $3 to support the three on tour. The Pink Mailbox is located in IV at 6668A Pasado Road.

Sunday 7
If the theme “Mistletoe & Martinis” doesn’t draw your attention, hopefully the lineup will. Bid Bad Voodoo Daddy, Natalie Cole and Frank Sinatra, Jr. will perform tonight at the Universal Amphitheatre in LA for a night of swing and jazz. Two have the blood of musical legends, but all three continue to leave their own impressions on history as well. The swing-and-sing eras will be rekindled at 6 p.m. Tickets start at $39.50. Call (818) 777-3931 for tix and info. If you are looking for a relaxing night of storytelling, check out folk singer/songwriter Ellis Paul at SOHO. He’s played tracks on many TV and movie soundtracks in addition to his own 10 albums. Call 962-7776 for prices and info.

Monday 8
You won’t need to take your happy pills today … that is, if you make an appearance at tonight’s show at The Wildcat . The Serotonins infuse rave, rock, psychedelic, lounge and punk into what they envision to be a new movement. Tightrope will also perform at the Wildcat Lounge starting at 10 p.m. For prices and info on this 21+ show call 962-7970. So, they’ve been out making a name for themselves on tour, rocked out at CMJ, and even managed to hit a deer on the way. Come welcome home local faves Kissing Tigers as they play alongside Radio Berlin and Eyes of Autumn tonight at the Hard to Find, located at 7190 Hollister Ave. Note to self: don’t forget the dancing shoes or the $6 donation. Show starts at 9 p.m.

Tuesday 9
The neo-soul duo known as Floetry is in high demand these days and the two have started poking their heads out behind stars such as Michael Jackson whom they’ve previously been writing hits for. Floetry is comprised of two talented ladies and will play the House of Blues on Sunset Strip in Hollywood tonight at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $20. Call (323) 848-5100 for info. In Goleta, Jupiter Sunrise will play two shows at the Hard to Find Showspace at 7 and 12 p.m. This local venue is across from Baja Fresh and prices usually range around $5, but can be discounted with canned food donations.