Bring your public comments and opinions concerning the future of Isla Vista on Sept. 24 when the Isla Vista Redevelopment and Master Plan committee holds its 36th regular meeting.

The Project Area Committee and General Plan Advisory Committee (PAC/GPAC) will convene this Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in St. Mark’s Church, located at 6550 Picasso Rd.

Topping the committee’s agenda is the formation of a parking permit and meter subcommittee to make recommendations regarding the implementation of measures aimed at easing parking congestion throughout Isla Vista.

The Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors recently voted unanimously to move ahead with a planning stage for the installation of meters in the downtown Isla Vista area and a residential parking permit for the rest of I.V.

The board hopes that all details of the project, such as exact locations of the meters and costs of parking permits, will be decided by an interagency task force and be ready for implementation by Fall 2004.

Also scheduled for this Wednesday’s meeting is a presentation by a representative from the Isla Vista Alcohol and Other Drug Council about alcohol use in Pelican Park.

The PAC/GPAC is a 13-member advisory committee that has met regularly since its September 2001 creation by the board of supervisors. Its primary goal is to compile recommendations from local business owners, property owners, residents and students regarding a redevelopment master plan for Isla Vista.