Which of the following does not fit? a) Alcohol b) indie rock c) SARS d) Omaha, Neb. If you chose “c,” kids, then you get to drink from the fire hose because you are right. To commemorate its 50th release, Omaha-based Saddle Creek Records has compiled a two-disc showcase of its current bands, in which each band contributed a previously released and an unreleased track.

Here’s the nitty-gritty for the kiddies in the city. Saddle Creek bands: mmm, good (like mom’s Thanksgiving dinner). Saddle Creek 50: mmm, mmm (like Thanksgiving leftovers).

While each song is pretty damn good individually, the album comes off more as an advertisement promoting Saddle Creek. Now, don’t get me wrong, this isn’t a bad thing. The main complaint with this album is its lack of cohesiveness. To follow up the Faint’s sex/murder dance numbers with the echo-heavy retro pop of Now It’s Overhead undermines their respective brilliance. With the exception of songs by Bright Eyes and Azure Ray, most of the previously unreleased tracks come off as “didn’t make the cut for the masterpiece album” B-sides. Perhaps it’s personal subjectivity, but it’s still better than most of the shit you listen to children… sorry, the soapbox found its way under the feet.

If you’re familiar with the Saddle Creek bands, I don’t have to convince you; you’re already an elitist indie rock connoisseur. If not, consider this the $5 Kung Pao Kitchen Buffet of Omaha’s finest.

Odd-numbered tracks = Saddle Creek’s greatest hits. Even numbered tracks = close but no cigar, kiddies… 86.7 percent (it’s a “B” unless you’re a brown-noser)… good day to you.

[Uncle Freddy and the Egg Babies refuse to admit if alcohol was consumed while writing this review. ]