The campus flag outside Cheadle Hall is flying at half-staff today in memory of staffer Christopher Stanton, who died over Spring Break.

A memorial is being held for Stanton today in the RecCen courtyard at 3 p.m.

Stanton, 33, was killed instantly March 25 when an allegedly drunk driver on Interstate 5 hit his car head-on after crossing the median at approximately 120 miles per hour.

The driver of the other car was taken to the hospital and arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.

Stanton was an assistant judicial affairs coordinator for UCSB’s Housing and Residential Services and was involved in many community service activities on campus. He worked with the Housing and Residential Service Judicial Review Board as an adviser to members on the judicial board dealing with behavioral misconduct by students in residence halls and was on the board for the unofficial men’s interest floor in Santa Cruz Hall.

A memorial fund was established by his family and Joyce Ester, judicial affairs coordinator for Housing and Residential Services, at The Golden 1 Credit Union to help promote and support men’s issues, which Stanton was involved in. Judicial Affairs has set up an online message board for students, staff and faculty to leave messages about Stanton so that his family can read them. The message board can be found online at http://128.111.244.92/forum/default.asp.