In its final meeting of the quarter, Associated Students Finance Board allocated over $2,000 to campus groups, including $1,700 to reinstate Campus Point, and rolled over its remaining funds to its Winter and Spring Quarter budgets.

Campus Point, which had its funding pulled last year due to A.S.’s financial crisis, was allocated $1,700 to resume publication. The request was approved by a vote of 11 to 1.

“Up until today we didn’t even know Campus Point would be alive this year, and we’re incredibly excited,” Campus Point Senior Editor Jason Matthews said.

He said the money would be used for printing costs, a phone line and office supplies, enabling Campus Point to print at least one issue, expected mid Winter Quarter.

Matthews said the content of the paper would be comparable to previous issues.

Campus Point received $8,500 from A.S. last year and requested $3,000 from Finance Board this quarter. It costs about $1,000 to print each issue, and Campus Point is hoping for high advertisement sales and possibly donations from alumni. Matthews said Campus Point’s budget was tight last year and producing a paper on such a small budget this year would be difficult.

“We’re going to have to be frugal with our spending and really be aggressive in advertisement sales,” Matthews said. “Maybe some very generous alumni or local business will pick us up.”

Campus Point’s funding was pulled last Spring Quarter after the A.S. base fee initiative failed and A.S. had to make severe budget cuts.

“A lot of people are getting the misconception that we were taken out of A.S. because they didn’t like us. It was actually because A.S. had to reduce funding for non-essential organizations, like we are,” Matthews said.

Matthews said A.S. Director Don Daves-Rougeaux approached the Campus Point staff about three weeks ago and recommended they request $3,000 from Finance Board to resume printing.

“Don Daves-Rougeaux came aboard and told us after we were cut that he had grand plans to put us back in place and get us some serious funding,” Matthews said. “It was his idea and through his efforts that Campus Point could be brought back to life.”

Matthews said Campus Point is now looking to recruit staffers for copy editing, layout, photography writing and editing positions. Matthews said the paper does not require previous experience and is trying to recruit students who will reflect the diverse viewpoints of UCSB.

“Campus Point looks to provide a knowledgeable voice for this campus of 19,000,” he said. “We’re an open staff that looks for diverse viewpoints.”

Anyone interested in working for Campus Point can contact it at .

In other news, sorority Delta Sigma Theta received $550 to fund a benefit Thanksgiving dinner, and remaining funds for the quarter, which totaled $4,298.79, were halved and rolled over into the Winter and Spring Quarter budgets. Although there were two votes to roll over all the funds into the Winter Quarter budget, the measure failed both times and it was finally decided to split the funds between the two remaining quarters of this academic year.

“I don’t think it makes sense [to allocate all the money to the Winter Quarter budget] because Spring Quarter is traditionally when most organizations ask us to fund events,” Vice President for Internal Affairs Sunbo Bamigboye said.

The Winter Quarter budget will receive $2149.39 and Spring Quarter budget will receive $2149.40.