Shameful Shroomin’

At approximately 7:15 p.m. on Saturday, March 2 the Isla Vista Foot Patrol received a call from a married couple concerned about a 22-year-old male lying in the road on the 700 block of Camino Corto. They said they believed he may have been mentally disabled.

The officers went to the scene and observed the male lying in the fetal position near the sidewalk. He made numerous spontaneous statements that did not make sense. He had urinated in his pants and officers believed he was hallucinating.

He was arrested for public intoxication and en route to Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, the suspect admitted to officers that he had “been shrooming.”

Roadblock

At approximately 1:35 a.m. on Sunday, March 3 IVFP officers driving on patrol on the 6600 block of Trigo Rd. observed a 22-year-old male standing in the middle of the road. He approached a female and began talking to her. The patrol car was unable to continue because the suspect stood in front of it. The officer flashed his high beams and honked the horn to get the suspect’s attention. The suspect turned around and “flipped off” the officers.

The officers exited the vehicle and approached the suspect. He showed signs of intoxication and had a small bottle of Southern Comfort whiskey in his pocket.

He was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail, where he was housed pending sobriety.

Believe A Nauseous Drunk

At approximately 12:47 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 28 IVFP officers patrolling the 6700 block of Pasado Rd. observed a 20-year-old male attempting to ride a bicycle in the street. The suspect was struggling to maintain his balance and lasted only 10 feet before he fell.

The officers approached the suspect and determined he was not able to care for his own safety. He was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail, where he was housed pending sobriety.

On the way to the IVFP station, the suspect said he had to vomit and then did. He vomited repeatedly outside the station on his shirt and pants.

Not ‘Til You’re Older Sweetie

At approximately 12:43 a.m. on Sunday, March 3 IVFP officers observed a17-year-old Santa Barbara High School student staggering on the 6500 block of Del Playa Dr. Officers approached the juvenile suspect, who began to run. The suspect resisted arrest and it took two officers to put him into handcuffs.

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and released to his father, who agreed to pick him up at the IVFP station.

— Compiled by Ladan Moeenziai