I’m writing in response to the letter published in the Nexus entitled “Support Israel; ‘The Muslims Are out to Destroy our World'” (The Reader’s Voice, Justin M. Ruhge, Nov. 7).

The first thing I’d like to say is that the ideas presented by Justin in this letter sound like a very “Nazi” solution to the problem of terrorism. Genocide is not the answer and never will be. This is not a war of Christians versus Muslims; this is the United States of America against Muslim radicals and most Muslims are not psycho-fundamentalist radicals.

Right now Justin has presented the idea that if two Islamic psychos can hurt us, we should kill them all and then do it in the name of God and Jesus just to make it okay. This is not the Spanish Inquisition. Killing an entire people simply because we need a scapegoat would just make us the Adolf Hitler of the 21st century.

Furthermore, if the “Christians” are those people of religious tolerance, why on earth would they, or anyone affiliating themselves with Christians, suggest such genocidal concepts. Who’s next? The Atheists? Pagans? Anyone who’s not Christian?

I myself am not Christian, nor am I Muslim. However, I know in my heart this is not a holy war where there are two purely defined sides and one will win, in the name of their god. This is Americans defending Americans against some psychos who just claim to associate themselves with Islam. These psychos do not represent all Muslims and Muslims should be allowed to live like any other people. If you want to save the world for future generations of your own kind, plant a tree, don’t run off shooting people.

CARL J. VANARSDALL