UCSB softball Head Coach Liz Kelly has more than enough to be excited about with the signing of three softball stars.

Santa Barbara recently signed catcher Jenni Perez, third baseman Katie Oliver, and left-handed pitcher Arika Alonzo.

Thousand Oaks High’s Perez was the top off-season catch, posting a.438 batting average with 22 runs batted in and six home runs last year. Perez led her team to a number three ranking in CIF, while winning the Marmonte League title last year.

"She’s a complete player," Kelly said in the Santa Barbara News-Press "She is solid behind the plate, and a major threat to break open a game with one swing."

UCSB acquired Oliver from Laguna Hills High School. She is currently playing for the Southern California A’s Ringor Gold team.

"Katie’s experience playing one of the top Gold teams in the nation will bring that winning formula to our program," Kelly said. "She dominates the game and makes the game look easy. She’ll contribute in big ways right from the start."

Alonzo is currently a freshman at San Joaquin Delta College.

"Arika brings an accomplished pitcher to our program," said Kelly. "She’ll complement our already outstanding staff, and also add a new dimension to it, being left-handed…We’ve added three player’s who I believe will help us continue our progress toward becoming one of the top programs in the country."