Isla Vista, Goleta and UC Santa Barbara will implement parking restrictions this weekend in anticipation of an influx of visitors for Halloween.

Stephen Manga / Daily Nexus

Parking restrictions have been enforced for the past several years in response to a historically large out-of-towner presence in I.V. for party weekends like Halloween and Deltopia.

ISLA VISTA

According to the Associated Students’ (A.S.) Halloween website, street parking will be prohibited starting at 9 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 27, until 6 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 1, on the 6500, 6600 and 6700 blocks of Del Playa Drive, the 6500 block of Trigo Road and between Del Playa Drive and Trigo Road on Camino Pescadero, Camino Del Sur and El Embarcadero Road.

Cars parked on the 6500 block of El Nido Road and on the 6500, 6600 and 6700 blocks of Sabado Tarde Road do not need to be moved over this time period, but roadblocks will be placed on those blocks to prevent cars from entering and exiting.

UCSB

According to the A.S. Halloween website, visitors are not allowed to park on campus.

Vehicles parked on campus without a matching permit are subject to a $300 citation and towing.

Students with a Night & Weekend (N&W) Parking Permit will be able to park on campus from 11 a.m. on Friday to 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday. Lots 22, 18, 16, 30 and 38 will be the only lots open for parking over the weekend.

N&W permits purchased in the fall cost $52.50 plus a $5.95 shipping charge. Permits are sold year round, but students had to apply for a parking permit by Oct. 15 to have it shipped in time for the coming weekend. Each student may only purchase one permit.

The only valid permits for overnight parking — between 5 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. — are special event permits, N&W, Isla Vista Access permit for Lot 22 (IVA 22) or faculty and staff permits.

IVA 22 is a valid permit for Lot 22.

Only 100 of these permits were available for “community members, UCSB staff, faculty, and non-resident students,” according to the Associated Students’ Halloween tip website.

Last year, Transportation & Parking Services offered a 50 percent discount for the N&W permits prior to the Halloween weekend.

Nestor Covarrubias, director of Transportation & Parking Services, said they decided not to renew the discount this year because they believe the permit price is already fair.

“The Night and Weekend parking permit is a good value, allowing access to campus for the entire academic year,” Covarrubias said in an email. “The equivalent cost to purchase daily passes for the Halloween period alone would come out to $32.”

Transportation & Parking Services has sold 354 N&W permits this year. The department sold 465 permits by this time last year, Covarrubias said.

According to Covarrubias, Transportation & Parking Services issued 95 parking citations between Oct. 28 and Oct. 30 last year. He said 94 of the citations were issued at $48, and one was issued at $238 because the vehicle was parked in front of a fire hydrant.

GOLETA

According to Valerie Kushnerov, community relations manager for the City of Goleta, between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. Friday through Sunday, street parking will be limited to residents with parking permits for the weekend. Two such parking permits were sent to each Goleta household in preparation.

A version of this story appeared on p. 1 of the Thursday, Oct. 26, edition of the Daily Nexus.