Sierra Deak / Daily Nexus

Sierra Deak / Daily Nexus

I.V. HISTORY
The UCSB Library is hosting a historical exhibit on “Isla Vista—Building a Community, 1970-2016.” The exhibit examines the various political, cultural and social means by which I.V. residents have sought independence and cohesion as a community. The library hosts an opening reception for the exhibit 5 p.m. Thursday in the Special Research Collections (third floor, Mountain Side).

ELECTIONS
The office of the Associated Students (A.S.) External Vice President of Local Affairs (EVPLA) is hosting a discussion on Measures E and F on Thursday, 7-9 p.m., in I.V. Theater 2. Candidates for the proposed Community Services District (CSD) board of directors will participate in a forum discussing how they each plan to represent I.V. residents.

ALL THAT JAZZ
Jeffrey’s Jazz Coffeehouse presents “Native Vibe,” an instrumental music group that blends Latin, African, Caribbean, funk, rock and jazz styles. The night will also feature artists Bill Macpherson, Nee Sackey and more. The event starts at 8 p.m. on Friday and will be held at Aladdin Café.

ROCKY START
Magic Lantern is offering a midnight showing of 1975 cult classic “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” on Friday in Embarcadero Hall. Admission is $4.

TRICK OR TREAT
The EVPLA office is also hosting Haunt the Loop from 4-6 p.m. on Saturday in the Isla Vista business district. This is an annual trick-or-treat event for residents to visit I.V. businesses and receive gifts and candy.

YOGA
The Isla Vista Food Co-op is hosting a “Beach Brunch Yoga” session on Sunday morning, a free class led by Better Days Yoga with free brunch afterward. Organizers ask that participants first meet on the Co-op patio at 10:45 a.m. and then walk over to 6575 Seville Rd. Those interested must bring a mat or towel and must sign an event waiver. Free brunch is only for those who participate in the yoga session.

HALLOCLEAN
The Isla Vista Recreation & Parks District (IVRPD) Adopt-a-Block program is providing the opportunity for volunteers to clean the streets of Isla Vista following Halloween festivities on Sunday morning. Volunteers will meet at the IVRPD office (961 Embarcadero Del Mar) at 11 a.m. Organizers will give free HalloClean tank-tops to the first 50 participants. Those interested must bring close-toed shoes and drinking water. Volunteers can also win prizes for participating in the clean-up while dressed in Halloween costumes.

VEGAN
A local group called Food Not Bombs will serve free vegan food at 5 p.m. Sunday in Little Acorn Park (next to Bagel Café). Those interested in cooking can email organizers at foodnotbombsislavista@gmail.com. This dinner is regularly held every Sunday.

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?
Magic Lantern is having a “Ghostbusters” double feature on Monday in I.V. Theater. The original 1984 film will show at 7 p.m., followed by a Q&A session with producer Joe Medjuck. Magic Lantern will then show the 2016 reboot at 10 p.m. Participants are encouraged to come dressed in Halloween costumes for a chance to win prizes. Admission is $4.

OPEN MIC
The Multicultural Center (MCC) will host “an evening of self-expression” 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the I.V. Coffee Collaborative. Performers can artistically express themselves through all creative outlets while educating others on issues concerning women, students of color and “all marginalized groups.” This quarter’s MC is Sarah Toutant, the 2016 Berkeley champion for the Women of the World Poetry Slam.

FREE FOOD
As part of its Gaucho Food Program, the Isla Vista Tenants Union and the I.V. Food Co-op will be tabling outside the Pardall Center on Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to give away free food to UCSB students. This food giveaway is regularly held every Wednesday.