The UC Board of Regents met July 21 through July 23 at UC San Francisco Mission Bay to discuss agenda items including UC minimum wage, sexual assault training and the university budget for the 2015-2016 academic year.

In public comment, UC staff members discussed health benefits while students addressed employee compensation and UC minimum wage, sexual assault, divestment fossil fuels and over-militarization of campus police.

On Wednesday, UC President Janet Napolitano announced the UC would raise minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2017, implementing the UC Fair Wage/Fair Work Plan to gradually increase the wage by $1 beginning this October.

“This [raise] is the right thing to do for our workers and their families,” Napolitano said. “It’s the right thing to do to enhance our university’s leadership role.”

The plan will also ensure all UC contractors and subcontractors comply with the minimum wage increase, according to Napolitano.

Speaking during public forum on Thursday, second-year global studies major at UCSB Catt Phan said the Regents must “pressure” chancellors to provide updated information and reports about on-campus sexual assaults.

“If we wait too long, we will be leaving [sexual assault survivors] as without agency as their assault left them,” Phan said. “Dream schools are being turned into nightmares.”

During the Thursday meeting, Regents also announced a new sexual assault training program requiring mandatory training for all students and extensive support for sexual assault victims.

Senior Vice President and Chief Compliance and Audit Officer Sheryl Vacca, who is leading the President’s Task Force on Preventing Sexual Assault and Sexual Violence presented the program and said it is designed to “strengthen existing services” in addressing cases of sexual assault. Comprehensive sexual assault training for students and faculty will begin in September, according to Vacca.

“By the end of the first six weeks, every incoming student will receive core content training that we’ve provided,” Vacca said. “The campuses can then enhance that if they choose to.”