Two weeks into school and you’re already swamped with readings, bored of lectures and disinterested in anything that involves effort. This lack of motivation is obviously not the best way to start the school year. Fortunately, your dreariness can be cured and your creativity can be brought back to life. All you need is a little inspiration.

Some of you need a reminder that we only live 100 miles from the vibrant city of Los Angeles. In L.A., there are tons of places that can trigger your creativity or just flat-out entertain you.

What better way to get inspired than by spending a day admiring the work of accomplished artists? Here’s a list of must-see museums in L.A. that are bound to spark your inner Picasso. The best part? If you’re up to bust a real mission, you can check them all out in one day!

Courtesy of wikimedia.org

The Getty Center: World Class Art Fit Into One Museum

Hours: Closed Mondays

Tuesday-Friday and Sunday 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Saturday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Admission: Free (Parking is $15 per car, $10 after 5 p.m.)

Check ‘em out here: getty.edu

Because of its unique architecture, extensive collection of art, beautiful gardens, restaurants and souvenir shops, The Getty Center is ranked as one of the top attractions in L.A. by numerous publications. This particular museum is constantly welcoming both new and returning tourists and locals.

The Getty Center is recognized for displaying the work of distinguished painters Vincent Van Gogh, Claude Monet and Paul Cézanne. Including, but not limited to their paintings, this museum has plenty of visual art ranging from the 1600s to the 1900s.

If you haven’t had enough, the Getty Villa is just less than 30 minutes away.

However, if the large-scale and fancy layout isn’t for you, the next few on the list are other places with a more intimate setting.

MOCA: Where Modern Masters Present Their Pieces

Courtesy of eliwhitney.org

Courtesy of eliwhitney.org

Hours: Monday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Tuesday, Wednesday CLOSED

Thursday 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Friday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Saturday, Sunday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Admission: $12 (Students with ID $7)

Check ‘em out here: moca.org/

Compared to The Getty Center, MOCA, The Museum of Contemporary Art, is much smaller. With three different locations in Los Angeles, MOCA can be found in Downtown, Little Tokyo and West Hollywood. Depending on the time of year and chosen location, exhibits range from the well-known Permanent Collection to the recent Shadows exhibit created by Andy Warhol, all of which provide an authentic representation of today’s contemporary artists.

Courtesy of wikimedia.org

Griffith Observatory: Where Every Sunset Is a Pretty One

Hours: Monday CLOSED

Weekdays 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.

Weekends 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.

Admission: Free

Check ‘em out here: griffithobs.org

After a visit to MOCA and a 20 minute drive down the 101 Freeway, you should definitely drive to the top of Griffith Park to check out the observatory. The small walk and drive is on the rough side, but the time and effort to get there is without a doubt worth it.

The Griffith Observatory offers multiple exhibits, public telescopes, an awesome planetarium, a café and a bookstore. The Observatory’s exhibits and planetarium shows aim to educate visitors about the history of the solar system, stars, elements and overall astronomy. Unlike the other listed locations, The Griffith Observatory offers a more scientific experience in addition to art and history.

Not to mention, this observatory has one of the best views of Los Angeles. I suggest visiting mid-day until sunset, exploring the deck and preparing your cameras and eyes for a beautiful panorama.

LACMA: LA’s Treasure

Courtesy of lafilm.edu

Courtesy of lafilm.edu

Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 11 a.m.– 5 p.m.

Friday 11a.m. – 8 p.m.

Saturday, Sunday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.

Admission: $15 (Students with ID $10)

Check ‘em out here: lacma.org/

If you’re still up to explore more of what L.A. has to offer, toward the end of the day, cruise down Beverly and La Brea to find LACMA, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. A popular evening choice is the famous Urban Light sculpture just outside LACMA. Created by Chris Burden, Urban Light is a charming display of 202 restored iron street lamps. Down to mimic Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman’s trapeze around the sculpture in “No Strings Attached.” Any photos taken here, day or night, will be well lit and pleasing to the eye.

Aside from this exhibit, LACMA has much more to offer. With a mix of Asian, Latin American, American and European art, this museum gathers work varied in both history and geography. Fulfilling its purpose of representing the diverse individuals of Los Angeles, your experience will be without-a-doubt one to remember.

From small to large, renaissance to contemporary, historic to scientific, all of these museums have something special to offer. If you’re in need of inspiration or just want to get away for a while, enjoy the art that L.A. has to offer. Refer to this list when you plan your trip there and let Artsweek know how it goes.