Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

News

Weekend Wrap-Up

The I.V. Foot Patrol responded to several incidents this weekend, including a street fire, a fall from the beachside cliffs and other alcohol-related crimes.

According to I.V. Foot Patrol Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy, a young man who is not a UCSB student

fell from the cliffs near the 6500 block of Del Playa Drive early Saturday morning at around 1:20 a.m. The

injured male was transported to a local hospital upon being discovered and is recovering from injuries.

I.V. Foot Patrol also responded to a report of a large fire in the street on the 6700 block of Sueno Road at 12:17 a.m. Saturday morning. Upon arrival, deputies took three people, who admitted to setting the fire, into custody.

Over the weekend, I.V. Foot Patrol officers arrested five people for public intoxication. There were also three people cited for open containers, with another five people cited for minor in possession.

Aside from these incidents, Vuillemainroy said the weekend was a relatively quiet weekend for Isla Vista.

Earlier last week, a male UCSB student was taken into custody for allegedly stabbing a 20-year-old male on the 6500 block of Segovia Road.

On Wednesday, January 9, at around 5 p.m., the student attacked the victim, who suffered from non-life threatening injuries and was in stable condition after the event occurred. The victim sustained a stab wound to the arm.

According to Vuillemainroy, some sort of altercation occurred, but the circumstances surrounding the crime are still under investigation.

The suspect was apprehended at the scene of the crime, and later detained by the responding Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department.

A version of this article appeared on page 1 of January 15th, 2013’s print edition of the Nexus.

Note:

In an effort to combat spam, comments that include links must be manually approved. Comments will generally be approved in under an hour depending on the time that they are submitted.

Please do not submit correction requests in the comments section as comments are not reviewed regularly. Correction requests submitted this way therefore may not be noticed for weeks at a time. Please submit all correction requests to eic@dailynexus.com or to the editor of the section in which the story in question appears.