The UCSB Men’s Golf team will be competing in the Folino Invitational this weekend beginning on Saturday and finishing on Tuesday. The tournament will be held at the 36-hole Industry Hills Golf Course in the city of Industry, California.

“For now it is exciting to get the winter/spring season going and see how their practice has been paying off,” Coach Steve Lass said.

The Gauchos are lead by senior Russell Boring who is coming off a career best five under par and fifth place finish at the Bill Cullum Invitational. For his efforts, Boring was named Big West golfer of the month for October.

Other names to watch out for will be senior Kei Keita and junior Jordan Epstein who both finished in the top 25 at the Bill Cullum Invitational.

This is the Gauchos’ third competition so far this season, which included a ninth overall finish at the Wolf Pack Classic in South Lake Tahoe, Nevada on October 3, 2011 and a tie for fourth place at the Bill Cullum Invitational in Simi Valley, California on October 17, 2011.

The 54 hole tournament will feature 12 women’s and 10 men’s intercollegiate teams as well as a fund-raising amateur tournament for 25 foursomes of corporate sponsors and invited guests.

Big West rival Cal State Fullerton will be hosting the event and named it after Paul Folino who is responsible for bringing golf back to the school. The Gauchos next competition will be the North Ranch Intercollegiate at North Ranch country club in Westlake Village, California on February 27.