Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

News

Weekend Wrap-Up

The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to an illegal drug possession, a burglary and several alcohol-related crimes this weekend.

Deputies stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation around 1 p.m. Thursday on the 1300 block of Camino Pescadero. According to IVFP Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy, officers found the illicit substances on the male suspect during a routine stop.

“Deputies discovered upon contact 50 ecstasy pills and marijuana inside the vehicle,” Vullemainroy said. “The male passenger was arrested and the driver was cited for a moving vehicle violation.”

IVFP also received a report of a theft at 9:50 a.m. Saturday morning on the 6700 block of Sabado Tarde Road. Vuillemainroy said the unknown suspect entered the residency and stole various belongings.

“Upon arrival, they found that over $7,000 of electronic items were taken which included several computers and stereo equipment,” Vuillemainroy said. “The investigation is ongoing.”

Officers also handled several alcohol-related crimes throughout the weekend, issuing 11 citations for minor in possession, four for open container and one for a noise ordinance violation. IVFP also arrested two people for public intoxication.

Note:

In an effort to combat spam, comments that include links must be manually approved. Comments will generally be approved in under an hour depending on the time that they are submitted.

Please do not submit correction requests in the comments section as comments are not reviewed regularly. Correction requests submitted this way therefore may not be noticed for weeks at a time. Please submit all correction requests to eic@dailynexus.com or to the editor of the section in which the story in question appears.