Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

News

Weekend Wrap-Up

The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to an illegal drug possession, a burglary and several alcohol-related crimes this weekend.

Deputies stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation around 1 p.m. Thursday on the 1300 block of Camino Pescadero. According to IVFP Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy, officers found the illicit substances on the male suspect during a routine stop.

“Deputies discovered upon contact 50 ecstasy pills and marijuana inside the vehicle,” Vullemainroy said. “The male passenger was arrested and the driver was cited for a moving vehicle violation.”

IVFP also received a report of a theft at 9:50 a.m. Saturday morning on the 6700 block of Sabado Tarde Road. Vuillemainroy said the unknown suspect entered the residency and stole various belongings.

“Upon arrival, they found that over $7,000 of electronic items were taken which included several computers and stereo equipment,” Vuillemainroy said. “The investigation is ongoing.”

Officers also handled several alcohol-related crimes throughout the weekend, issuing 11 citations for minor in possession, four for open container and one for a noise ordinance violation. IVFP also arrested two people for public intoxication.

Note:

In an effort to combat spam, comments that include links must be manually approved. Comments will generally be approved in under an hour depending on the time that they are submitted.