The Santa Barbara community will host a number of events honoring military veterans this Wednesday, Nov. 11.

The series of celebrations begins tomorrow with ceremonies and musical performances, culminating on Saturday with a parade on State Street featuring armored vehicles and tanks.

Wednesday at 9 a.m., local residents can gather at the Santa Barbara Cemetery for a ceremony featuring the playing of “Taps,” followed by a gathering at the Veterans Memorial Building at 112 W. Cabrillo Blvd. at 11 a.m.

The Santa Barbara Trust for Historic Preservation will also pay tribute to military veterans at El Presidio de Santa Barbara State Historic Park beginning at 10:30 a.m. Members of Los Soldados de Cuera and soldiers from Fort Tejon State Historic Park will participate in the event.

Community members are also invited to attend “A Musical Tribute to Honor our Veterans” at the Santa Barbara County Courthouse Sunken Gardens. The event will be hosted by the Santa Barbara Music Club and will feature several local music groups, including the State Street Jazz Band, the Westmont College Orchestra and the Sheriff’s Fife and Drum Corps, among others.

Additionally, the Southern California National Forests will offer “Fee Free Day” tomorrow in honor of the holiday. All areas in the Los Padres National Forest will be accessible free of charge, excluding the lower Santa Ynez Recreation Area.

The free day is designed to foster a sense of community and honor the nation’s veterans, according to Los Padres National Forest Supervisor Peggy Hernandez.

“Veterans Day is a great way to connect communities with public lands while honoring the sacrifices made by America’s Veterans and Armed Services personnel,” Hernandez said in a press release. “The Fee Free Day” is an opportunity to get outdoors and appreciate the open spaces and national treasures of our public lands here in Southern California.”

The Santa Barbara Veterans Day Parade will take place on Saturday at noon, proceeding from Sola Street to Cabrillo Boulevard.