To kick off the new year, the Ski and Snowboard Club will hold its annual rally tonight in Storke Plaza.

The event — the first meeting of UCSB’s largest on-campus social group — begins at 8 p.m. and will feature giveaways and information for new and old members. The club will also discuss future events, such as weekend trips and the All Cal, the club’s largest ski trip of the year.

Club President Alex Shlyakhov, a fourth-year business economics major, said he expects this year’s beginning of school rally to be successful in attracting new members.

“The kick-off rally is our biggest event of the year,” Shlyakhov said. “It’s where we get the majority of our sign-ups for the club. We are also really going to pump the All Cal trip, a weeklong ski and snowboard fest.”

This year, the Whitefish Mountain Resort in Montana will host the weeklong All Cal competition between six UC campuses. The trip, which will take place Dec. 13 to 20, will be priced at $599 per student. The cost includes a four-day lift pass, five days of lodging, transportation and trip-organized parties.

“We have won the cup three years in a row,” Shlyakhov said. “Usually, UCSC is our biggest competition. We got to make sure we shut those stoners down again.”

Shlyakhov said he encourages all ski and snowboard lovers to sign up for the All Cal this winter because of the deal the club is able to get for winter mountain resort trips.

“The All Cal is an amazing trip, not to mention a great way to meet new friends who share similar interests,” Shlyakhov said. “It’s simply the best weekend ever. The best weekend of your life. We’ve won the cup the last three years and we’re going to take it down again.”

At the rally, the club will also give out prizes at the rally from its sponsors, including Bakoda, 686, Arbor, Betty Rides, Dakine and Mr. Zogs Sex Wax.

Liz Konen, a third-year global studies major, said she encourages all new students who love skiing or snowboarding to attend tonight’s rally.

“The Snow Club is the biggest social group on campus and at the rally, we will be giving away a bunch of free stuff,” Konen said. “Because we get to the mountains often and as cheap as possible, the club is great to be a part of. You also get a chance to meet some really good people.”