Valentine’s Day is the occasion for love and romance, but more importantly it is the season for chocolate. Chocolate treats for loved ones are the best way to celebrate Valentine’s Day, and who doesn’t love chocolate? This year, why not make Valentine’s Day special with a chocolate pie? This, however, isn’t just a chocolate pie — it is a death by chocolate pie!
Nabisco Oreo pie crust
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ½ cups heavy cream, divided in half
¼ cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ cup heavy cream
For the filling:
- Combine ¾ cup of heavy cream and 12 oz. chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl and melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until smooth.
- When the chocolate is melted, set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- In a larger mixing bowl, whisk the remaining ¾ cup of heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Mix in the chocolate ⅓ at a time until completely combined.
- Spoon the mixture into an Oreo pie crust and let still in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
For the ganache:
- Combine ¾ cup of heavy cream and 8 oz. chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl and melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until smooth.
- When cooled to room temperature, pour on top of the chilled pie and let it cool. Top additionally with flaky salt or strawberries if desired.
If you or a loved one is a fan of chocolate, they are going to love this dessert. This pie also works for holiday parties, to share with friends or for a night in by yourself. However you spend it, this pie will be a staple for your next Valentine’s Day.