Sierra Deak / Daily Nexus

YOUR FAVORITE WORD ~ FREE ~ I.V.’S FREE ACTIVITY DAY!

Join I.V’s Food Co-op for some fresh air and free activities on Saturday, Sep. 22 at 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The activities are hosted by the Sunflower Kid’s youth group, and are usually held every third Saturday of the month. Go outside feel to like a kid again and play games like musical chairs, create a DIY essential oil spray to calm your stressed mind during finals and sample some of the Co-op’s snacks (free food!). You can also get a $10 off shopping coupon to use (yay, more free food!). The Co-op is located at 6575 Seville Rd.

LAZY EYE SHOP POP-UP 

I.V.’s Food Co-op will be holding another Lazy Eye Shop Pop-up on Saturday. The Co-op invites customers to browse a selection of vintage clothing, accessories and shoes. All items are hand-picked by Santa Barbara collector Andi Modugno, so if you’re interested in vintage clothing, see if you can find some new outfits! The pop-up will open at 12 p.m. and will close at around 4 p.m.

RUN FOR LEMONS

The shouting of aspiring racers and supports will fill the air at Goleta Beach on Sunday as the annual Lemon Run commences, hosted by the Goleta Education Foundation. Watch competitors participate in competitive 10k and 5k races to raise money for Goleta Elementary Schools’ educators. Enjoy prizes and goodies, along with bites from Wahoo’s Fish Tacos.

FOOTBALL SEASON HAS RETURNED 

Gather with fellow fans and foes and head down to Woodstock’s Pizza in I.V. to watch the NHL game this Sunday, Sept. 23 at 10:00 a.m. Woodstock’s will be serving up all-you-can-eat cheese and pepperoni pizza slices from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for only $8.95. Take advantage of half-priced pitchers for happy hour during the game. Season passes are also available for Woodstock’s frequent flyers, who can win prizes and get deals during the games. Cheer on your favorite team, trash your rivals and enjoy watching the game with your friends!

BOUNCE IT

Santa Barbara Hillel, located on 781 Embarcadero del Mar in Isla Vista, will be holding a bounce house party on Monday to celebrate the beginning of another school year. Starting at 6 p.m. Hillel will be serving up root beer floats alongside a sundae bar. Grab some friends and take an evening to enjoy the last weekend before the start of school.

GET HEALTHY WITH ORGANIC FRUIT

The I.V. Co-op will be be holding a fruit tasting session on Tuesday, Sep. 25 to celebrate the end of summer, when fruits are often at their ripest. A wide array of different fruit will be available, all of which have been selected by the Co-op’s produce crew. All fruit is unsprayed and organic. The tasting will begin at 4 p.m. and last until approximately 6 p.m.

A version of this article appeared on p.3 of the Sept. 20 print edition of the Daily Nexus.