We all know that familiar feeling of being overwhelmed with what seems like a million options of amusement park snacks. For me, this is especially true when I’m at Disneyland, where all the snack stands make me want to literally empty out my wallet. I’ve been to Disneyland five times in the past three years, and let me tell you, the food just gets better and better every time. I know it’s tempting to want to buy everything and try it out for yourself, but here’s a quick guide about the snacks you NEED to try so you can get the best out of your Disneyland snack experience without breaking the bank!

Winnie Lam / Daily Nexus

1. Dole Whip: Disneyland’s tartest soft serve is located in the Tiki Juice Bar in Adventureland. This dessert will make you feel like you’ve been transported to a tropical island surrounded by palm trees and warm rays of sunshine. It’s both dairy-free and gluten-free, so you have no excuse not to try it, whether in a cup by itself or loaded on top of pineapple juice for a sweet Dole Whip float.
  2. Churro: If you leave Disneyland without having eaten a churro, did you really even go? It’s pretty clear that the park’s churros are its most coveted snacks, and they’ve even upgraded them to have limited-time flavors. You can get your hands on some galactic churros in Tomorrowland, a s’mores churro in New Orleans Square or the new strawberry-flavored rose gold one by Sleeping Beauty Castle.
  3. Corndog: Right when you enter the gates of Disneyland, the Little Red Wagon will definitely catch your eye! This cute little food truck located right off Main Street is home to the thiccc-est corn dogs in the park. They are deep fried to a golden-brown perfection and come with your choice of apple slices or chips.
  4. Popcorn: If you ever catch the savory smell of butter in the air, it’s probably from the popcorn stands. A bag of popcorn makes a great snack to munch on while you’re walking around, so be sure to grab one from the stands all around the park.
  5. Turkey Leg: It’s definitely a challenge to tackle a whole turkey leg by yourself, but the crispy skin and juicy meat will make you forget all about how tired your jaw is. These gigantic legs can also be classified as a whole meal, but be sure to grab a beverage because you’re gonna need it to balance out the savory flavors.
  6. Mickey Beignets: These little treats are the cutest beignets you’ll ever eat! They’re also cheap, which makes them taste even better. The powdered sugar on the fluffy donut-like treat is the perfect snack to share with friends, and pair it with a Mint Julep for a refreshing snack break. Pro tip: Close the bag and shake it before eating so the powdered sugar is evenly distributed.
  7. Frozen Banana: Sometimes ice cream is just a little too heavy, especially if you’re trying to keep your energy up for all those Fastpass rides you have packed in your schedule. Frozen bananas are a refreshing mess-free treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth without being too filling.

Winnie Lam / Daily Nexus

Now that you have this guide, make sure to keep it in mind for your next trip to Disneyland to make the best out of it! As someone who is obsessed with Disneyland and all the food it has to offer, I’ve tried so many of the treats at the park, and these are hands-down the best. So if you haven’t tried these snacks, what are you waiting for?

Winnie Lam / Daily Nexus

Winnie Lam
Winnie Lam serves as the 2020-2021 On The Menu Editor. She has an unhealthy obsession with Trader Joe's and she loves all things matcha.