It always gets hectic during the holidays, especially with shopping for gifts and putting up Christmas decorations. If you get caught up in the Christmas chaos, be sure to check out these last-minute treats that are perfect for busy people!
1 bag of white chocolate chips
1 box of candy canes
- Place candy canes into a ziplock bag and crush into small pieces with a rolling pin.
- Microwave 1 bag of white chocolate chips in bowl for 1 minute and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted white chocolate chips onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and smooth it out with a spoon.
- Heavily sprinkle the crushed candy canes onto the melted white chocolate chips.
- Let it set for at least an hour and then crack into small pieces to complete your peppermint bark.
Christmas Tree Brownies
1 box of milk chocolate brownie mix
1 container of green icing
1 bag of decorative sprinkles
- Bake brownies according to box instructions.
- Allow the brownies to cool before cutting them into tree shapes, using either a knife or cookie cutters.
- Spoon icing into a ziplock bag and cut the corner for the tip, decorating the trees with a swirl of icing.
- Place festive sprinkles on the brownies.
1 box of strawberries
1 can of whipped cream
5-10 black sesame seeds
- Wash the strawberries and cut the leaves and stems off.
- Cut the top third of the strawberry off for the hat.
- Place a swirl of whipped cream on the bottom two-thirds and place the top third on top.
- Use a toothpick to add two whipped cream dots on the bottom third and a small dot on the top of the hat.
- Add two sesame seeds on the swirl of whipped cream for the eyes.
Winnie Lam currently serves as the On The Menu Co-Editor. She has been apart of the Nexus since 2017.