Jenny de la Cuadra / Daily Nexus

With the trend of dad hats and general dad culture in full swing, it only makes sense that its impact would be felt at UCSB. Third-year economics and accounting major Nick Mesnick recently experienced this firsthand.

“My whole life, my friends have always called me the dad of the group,” Mesnick said. “I always took it as a bad thing, but now I’ve started to lean into it.”

Though it began with just the purchase of a strapback cap in order to support his friend’s organization, Mesnick’s friends told us that things got serious very quickly.

“One minute it was just an embroidered noggin bucket, then he grew a beer belly overnight and only wears Hawaiian shirts with pleated khakis,” sources said. “Then, last weekend, I think I saw him cheering on random kids at an AYSO game. I just don’t know what he’ll try next.”

“Then, last weekend, I think I saw him cheering on random kids at an AYSO game. I just don’t know what he’ll try next.”

According to Mesnick himself, he does not see these new additions to his life as a problem and plans to take it a step further by becoming an actual father.

“You know, I’ve had 21 good years. I have a solid internship this summer. I think I’m in a place in life where I’m just ready. When you know, you know. You know?”

Though Mesnick is quite sure of his hopes to add “a little guy” to his life, he’s having trouble finding a way to do that. The last message he received from his then-frequent hook up was lengthy and explained that she was a “little freaked out but okay about calling [him] daddy in bed.” However, there is “no fucking way she’d get pregnant at any point in the next decade.”

Mesnick remains optimistic about his potential fatherhood and requested that we direct all those who seek companionship, dogs and Saturday morning waffles to reach out to him for further details.

Jenny de la Cuadra once wore a button-down dress shirt under a quarter-zip to an interview at a nightclub and identifies strongly with Nick Mesnick.