Hungry, poor and sad. You are a college student in desperate need of food discounts in Isla Vista. Put down the ramen and look no further. Whether you are looking for a cheap date night or a place to drown your research-paper sorrows in tacos, here are a few good tips and tricks to get the most out of your budget.

Peyton Stotelmyre / Daily Nexus

If you’re looking for a nice place for dinner that won’t have you cringing at the bill, check out Sorriso Italiano on Embarcadero del Mar. From 12-2 p.m. on Wednesday and Sunday, you can get all-you-can-eat pizza, pasta and salad. Enjoy the grand piano and homey atmosphere; plus the ingredients at this place are so fresh, they don’t even own a freezer.

Remember sitting through the Gaucho FYI meeting on drug and alcohol use and thinking all you were gaining was the knowledge of a shot size? You thought wrong. The small, yellow “Just call” card you were given is good for all kinds of discounts, including free Cinnabread at Woodstock’s if you order a large or extra-large pizza. I’ll drink to that.

New to Isla Vista, HiWi is your stop for a Hawaiian breakfast, lunch or dinner. They offer a new discount every day of the week, including “Taco Tuesday” for $2 tacos, “Thirsty Thursday” for a drink with any purchase of a signature plate and “Fryday Fridays,” during which you can grab some free fries with the purchase of $10 or more. Aloha!

Most everyone knows and loves Gio’s for their daily beer specials and spaghetti madness, but to get even more savings, follow them on Instagram @giospizzaiv. You’ll get an extra 10 percent off your total order and stay updated on all of their pizza specials.

Craving tacos but it’s not Tuesday? Check out Super Cuca’s $5 menu and daily specials. They offer burritos, quesadillas and tacos all for just $5 each. I recommend the breakfast burrito with their special discount on Wednesdays.

After you’re stuffed with cheap spaghetti and tacos, finish off your day with a cookie from I.V. Drip. During dead week and finals week, you can get coffee for $1 to give you that extra boost to ace your tests.
Happy eating!