IT’S A PARTY
A.S. Elections Board is hosting a town hall inviting community members to air their grievances and gratitudes over the 2016-17 A.S. Elections. The board will take comments from the public to improve elections for the following year. The event will take place 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday at the Pardall Center.

BELOVED COMMUNITY
Students can register for the Second Annual Isla Vista Conference: The Beloved Community taking place this Friday and Saturday. Following the first conference born out of the May 23, 2014, tragedy and the changes taking hold of I.V., the second conference will begin with an art exhibition on Friday. It will continue throughout Saturday with sessions focusing on community engagement to share unique perspectives and celebrate what makes Isla Vista great. The event is free and open to everyone with breakfast and lunch provided on Saturday.

CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE
The Student Activist Network is hosting civil disobedience training 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday at 777 Camino Pescadero. Students can stop by to learn about the history and theory behind activism, as well as learn how to protest effectively. Beautiful Trouble Training Program will provide the training, a group of activists specializing in creating effective grassroots movements.

SURF’S UP
Isla Vista Surfrider’s 18th annual Concert for the Coast will be coming to Anisq’Oyo’ Park this Saturday. The event takes place from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. and will feature live music from bands like Tomorrows Bad Seeds, West Swell, Feral Vida, Mellow Grass and De Honeyman. Local organizations will also be tabling and discussing the many ways to protect and care for local beaches. In addition, Concert for the Coast will be holding a raffle, and all proceeds will benefit the Environmental Defense Center for the preservation of the Gaviota Coast.

TWIST AND SHOUT
Need to relax before heading to Extravaganza? Want free brunch? Look no further; Isla Vista Food Cooperative will be hosting their month Beach Brunch Yoga this Sunday from 9:45 a.m. to 12 p.m. Those who decide to attend must R.S.V.P. on Facebook so organizers know how much food to provide. Brunch is provided only for those who participate in yoga.

EXTRAVAGANZA
A.S. Program Board’s annual festival Extravaganza, aka CampX ’17, is this Sunday. This year’s acts include headliner ScHoolboy Q alongside Tinashe, Griz, Thundercat and Twin Peaks. The festival will be at Harder Stadium. Gates open at 1 p.m.

MEATLESS SUNDAY
A local group called Food Not Bombs will serve free vegan food at 5 p.m. Sunday in Little Acorn Park (next to Bagel Café). Food Not Bombs is a large organization that spans the country and is a form of “franchise activism.” They believe that corporate and government priorities are skewed and allow hunger despite the abundance of food and food waste. Those interested in cooking for Sunday can email organizers at foodnotbombsislavista@gmail.com. The dinner is regularly held every Sunday.

WE REMEMBER
There will be a candlelight vigil remembering the victims of the May 23, 2014,  tragedy this Tuesday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Anisq’Oyo’ Park. The event is sponsored by several university organizations including Isla Vista Strong, Associated Students, Office of Student Life and Blunite.

A version of this story appeared on p. 3 of the Thursday, May 18, 2017, edition of the Daily Nexus.