LAUGH OUT LOUD
Are you in need of some laughs? Improvability, UCSB’s improv troupe, will be hosting a Greek-life-themed comedy show this Friday in Embarcadero Hall from 8-11 p.m. Tickets are $3 at the door, and organizers urge students to arrive at 7:45 p.m. to secure their seats. Improvability regularly hosts shows every Friday.

TO SPEAK FOR THE TREES
Your Children’s Trees will be planting and maintaining a coastal oak forest at CCBER North Campus Open Space from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday. Organizers advise that interested volunteers bring water and sun protection and wear close-toed shoes and long pants that they don’t mind getting dirty. Biking to the reserve is also recommended. Your Children’s Trees is a student-run environmental organization that hopes to improve coastal runoff and the environment of Santa Barbara by planting trees to create a healthier ecosystem.

LITuation
The long-awaited Deltopia is upon us, and the LITuation Boyz are kicking it off with a dayger on Saturday from 2-6 p.m. DJs Choppa, P. Diggy and J. Prince will be playing all day, along with currently undisclosed guests. Food will also be sold; guests can purchase chicken or beef tacos for $1.50 each. The party is at 6588 Madrid Rd, and entry is $5 for uninvited guests if ordered in advance or $7 at the door. Wristbands can be picked up at 8 p.m. Thursday at Gio’s.

TAKE BACK DELTOPIA
For those looking to avoid the crowds this weekend, Take Back the Night will be hosting a Deltopia safe space at Pardall Center on Friday from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. and Saturday from 1-6 p.m. April is Sexual Assault awareness month, and everyone is encouraged to go and enjoy a safe and relaxing environment.

TAKING OUT THE TRASH
For those concerned about the environmental impacts of Deltopia, you should be. According to the Coastal Fund, after last year’s Deltopia, 3,247 pounds of trash were picked up off the streets of I.V. This Sunday, Adopt-A-Block and the Coastal Fund will be teaming up to clean up after Deltopia, with the goal of preventing trash from reaching the ocean. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 961 Embarcadero del Mar. Free food and beverages will be provided, and volunteers will be entered into a raffle with prizes from local businesses.

MEATLESS SUNDAY
A local group called Food Not Bombs will serve free vegan food at 5 p.m. Sunday in Little Acorn Park (next to Bagel Café). Food Not Bombs is a large organization that spans the country and is a form of “franchise activism.” They believe that corporate and government priorities are skewed and allow hunger despite the abundance of food and food waste. Those interested in cooking can email organizers at foodnotbombsislavista@gmail.com. The dinner is regularly held every Sunday.

A version of this story appeared on p. 4 of the Thursday, April 6, 2017, edition of the Daily Nexus.