KCSB’s 55th ANNIVERSARY
UCSB’s radio station is celebrating its 55th year broadcasting independent radio to Isla Vista and Santa Barbara. A running 10-day fund drive will offer CDs, records, event tickets, apparel, handmade gifts and more in return for donations. The funds will support KCSB’s community projects, public concerts, debates and diverse collection of musical events. A KCSB Hangout and Pop Up Shop will also appear underneath Storke Plaza from noon to 4 p.m. Friday. RJs are accepting donations on-air and online at kcsb.org.

CHOOSE TO LAUGH
Improvability will be hosting a “Choose Your Own Adventure” themed improv comedy night at Embarcadero Hall on Friday during which the audience will be able to choose what happens on stage. Tickets are $3 at the door for the 8 p.m. performance and $2 for the 10 p.m. show. Attendees from the 8 p.m. show can stay for the later show for no charge. The doors will open at 7:45 p.m.

VEGAN
A local group called Food Not Bombs will serve free vegan food at 5 p.m. on Sunday in Little Acorn Park (next to Bagel Café). Those interested in cooking can email organizers at foodnotbombsislavista@gmail.com. This dinner is regularly held every Sunday.

NOT MY PRESIDENT’S DAY
Several Isla Vistans plan on attending a “Not My President’s Day” march in downtown Santa Barbara on Monday. Participants will begin rallying at 11 a.m. in De La Guerra Plaza followed by a march through State Street at noon. Though heavy rains are expected, the march is expected to continue regardless of the weather.

DOUGH NOT STRESS
On Tuesday, Feb. 21, Santa Barbara Hillel is providing dough and toppings for students to bake challah from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Santa Barbara Hillel is located on 781 Embarcadero Del Mar.

KID-FRIENDLY MEALS
Food, Nutrition, and Basic Skills will be testing recipes at Storke Family Student Housing on Tuesday from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. UCen Dining Chef Mario Gil will be teaching parents how to cook different food for themselves and their children.

FREE FOOD
As part of its Gaucho Food Program, IVTU and the I.V. Food Co-op will be tabling outside the Pardall Center on Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to give away free food to UCSB students. This food giveaway is regularly held every Wednesday.

HEALTHY STUDY HABITS
On Thursday, from 3 to 5 p.m., the Isla Vista Food Co-op, Teeccino Herbal Coffee and Teas and UCSB Health & Wellness will be hosting an event called “Healthy Food Habits,” where students can go to workshops and learn about maintaining healthy lifestyles and sleep cycles while drinking a cup of coffee or tea.

A version of this story appeared on p. 3 of the Thursday, February 16, 2017 print edition of the Daily Nexus.