Swim season continues this weekend here at UCSB’s Campus Pool as the Gaucho men’s and women’s teams seek their sixth consecutive dual meet win over the Tritons since 2010.

Each coming off home-opener victories, both programs wish to maintain their winning ways. Both UCSB and UC San Diego opened collected wins in their first dual meets of 2016.

It’s the second dual meet match of the 2016 season for these two squads.

UCSB hopes to post back-to-back wins, whereas UCSD yearns to end its six-year drought when facing the Gauchos.

Saturday’s matchup will also be UCSB’s Matt Macedo’s first time facing his former team as a Head Coach of another program.

He served as the Tritons’ head coach since 2011 before joining the Gauchos in July 2014.

Last weekend’s victory over Blue-Green rival Cal Poly was the Gauchos’ first dual meet match of the season.

It was the team’s first after being suspended to open the season, leading to both teams competing in individual meets at the beginning of the season.

On the other hand, the Tritons have participated in a bit more work during these past few weeks.

Attending a three-team tournament hosted by San Diego State, they found victory against the Vanderbilt Commodores whilst losing to the home-team Aztecs.

Despite ending the tournament with a split 1-1 record, UCSD managed to bounce back in its previous matchup versus Claremont Mudd Scripps.

Come this Saturday, these two sides will face off in a sure-to-be-entertaining matchup.

UCSB will look to maintain its momentum at home.

While the Tritons will look to pull off the upset and overcome their losing streak to the Gauchos.

UCSB will host the Tritons this Saturday, Nov. 5 at Campus Pool. The meet will start at 11 a.m.

A version of this article appeared on page 8 of November, 9 2016’s print edition of the Daily Nexus.