They say that chocolate is good for the heart, so triple chocolate must be good for the soul.
Putting your own spin on anything is always fun, so why not take the glorious, soul-healing creation that is chocolate and mess with it threefold. Sure, it might be easier to just go to the store and buy a boring chocolate bar, but then you miss out on the most important and satisfying part of baking: licking the bowl! Knowing that you’re licking the remnants of chocolate syrup and butter should be enough to make your mouth water. You’ll be too entranced by that to notice the sugar-induced coma you’re beginning to experience, but it’s okay. In all seriousness, these do come out incredibly sweet, so it’s best to have a glass of milk on stand-by. These are commonly known as Easter Nests, but chocolate knows no single holiday so you can make them whenever you’d like!
100g (3.5 oz.) Rice Krispies cereal (or your favorite cereal)
100g dark, milk and white Chocolate
1.5 Tbsp. agave syrup or honey
30g (1 oz.) butter
5 oz. pretzels
- Break up dark chocolate and melt in the microwave for 45 seconds.
2. Add 1/3 of the agave syrup and butter.
3. Crumble in 1/3 of the Rice Krispies cereal and pretzels.
4. Thoroughly mix and spoon evenly into baking cases.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 with the milk chocolate, then with the white chocolate.*
6. Decorate the tops with a pretzel (not required).
7. Cool in a fridge for 2 hours or in freezer for 30-45 minutes.
8. Eat and Enjoy!
*Be sure to wash the bowl so you don’t contaminate your white chocolate. You also won’t need as much butter and sugar with the white chocolate because it’s already really sweet.