This weekend, law enforcement responded to two incidents, a break-in and a robbery, in Isla Vista.

Last Thursday at around 2 a.m., I.V. Foot Patrol (IVFP) deputies were dispatched to a sorority house to investigate an audible alarm. Deputies arrived on scene and found a suspect, later identified as Brian Lopez Aranda, attempting to break in through the living room window. Lopez removed the window screen and triggered the alarm before deputies detained him. Aranda confessed to breaking into the residence because he was “lonely and curious about women.” Deputies arrested him for attempted residential burglary.

Lopez waived his Miranda rights and informed deputies he entered the sorority house to try and see women. When asked what he would have done if he encountered a female in the residence, Lopez confessed he would have tried to touch her face. IVFP deputies added lewd and dissolute conduct in a public place to the burglary charges, and booked Lopez into Santa Barbara County Jail.

The streets of I.V. remained quiet Saturday night.

On Sunday, IVFP deputies and UCSB Police Department (UCPD) officers responded to a report of a robbery at the 800 block of Camino del Sur. The suspects were described as a black adult male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and a shorter, white adult male. The victim was hit in the head by one of the two suspects who both fled the area. The case is currently under investigation.