With finals season just around the corner, stress relief is a must. Drinking your problems away isn’t always an option, and sometimes you just don’t feel like dragging yourself to the gym. The solution? Dorm room yoga!

1.) The Rocking Baby

via Zoey Brandt

via Zoey Brandt

Sit on your dorm-issued rocking chair and lean back, holding your ankles in a position reminiscent of the butterfly stretch. The brief falling sensation will put your problems in perspective. (You might want to have your roommate spot you; the chairs only lean back so far.)

2.) The Dropped-Your-Phone

via Zoey Brandt

via Zoey Brandt

Lay on your back along the width of your XL-twin bed. Your legs should be flat against the wall (or as close as you can get them). Reach your arms out as if you had dropped your phone and didn’t want to get up to retrieve it. This should give you a nice stretch along your legs and back. This way you don’t have to leave the comfort of your uncomfortable bed, and you can continue procrastinating on Yik Yak.

3.) The Talking-To-Your-Bunkmate

via Zoey Brandt

via Zoey Brandt

Sitting on the edge of the bottom bunk, grasp the edge of the top bunk with one hand and reach to the floor with your other. Look towards the ceiling. Repeat on the other side. Now would be a good time to drop hints about how you wish your roommate would stop bringing boys home at two in the morning on a Monday night.

4.) The Elevated Tree Pose

via Zoey Brandt

via Zoey Brandt

Stand on top of your chair with one foot touching your other knee, bring your hands to the center in prayer position and lift them over your head. Imagine that you are the tallest tree in the forest; also be careful not to fall. It’s one thing to do yoga in your dorm room, it’s another thing to end up in the hospital because you unsuccessfully did yoga in your dorm room.

5.) The Is-It-Worth-It?

via Zoey Brandt

via Zoey Brandt

Place your right (or left) foot on the second to the bottom rung of the bunk bed ladder. Reach your arms to the top rung. Extend your other foot behind you. This should stretch your arms, neck and back. If you happen to reside on the top bunk, or if you are trying to wake up your roommate who happens to be snoring too loudly, this is the perfect stretch for you!

Enjoy your zen!