Isla Vista Foot Patrol (IVFP) and UCSB Police Department (UCPD) responded to two fights and three robberies this past week.

On Friday night, IVFP units found a Santa Barbara City College (SBCC) student lying face down in the street on the corner of Camino Majorca and Sabado Tarde. The victim had a bloody nose and told officers he was “knocked out” by an approximately 6’1” white male adult, possibly named “Devin,” with blonde hair, wearing glasses and a dark shirt. An ambulance took the victim to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.

On Saturday, units responded to a report of a fight with one subject unconscious on the 6600 block of Abrego Road. The fight had already dispersed when law enforcement arrived. Witnesses said one suspect, SBCC student Malik Williams, fled the scene and ran into a residence on the 6600 block of Del Playa Drive. Williams had knocked the subject unconscious and caused two lacerations on the victim’s face. An ambulance transported the victim to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. Williams was positively identified in a line-up by witnesses who captured the fight on cell phone cameras and was booked and taken to Santa Barbara County Jail.

Sunday, a victim reported a robbery at his residence on the 6500 block of Seville Road at approximately 4:30 a.m. He told dispatch he last saw the three subjects, two of whom were armed, heading south on foot on toward El Colegio Road. All of the subjects wore masks, dark clothes and hoodies and still remain at large. According to the victim, the suspects asked him for marijuana and money, then took his laptop and phone so he wouldn’t call 911.

Monday, four IVFP units responded to a report of numerous subjects arguing over drugs and money at approximately 2:00 a.m. at the same apartment building on the 6500 block of Seville Road where Sunday’s burglary took place. Upon arrival, two units noticed one subject fleeing the area and pursued him on foot. The subject remains at large. Moments later, two remaining units detained a suspect exiting the complex with a knife and contraband. The last unit then detained a vehicle with four subjects which contained narcotics. The case is still under a sheriff’s department investigation, with all five detainees having been arrested and one remaining at large.

According to IVFP Lieutenant Rob Plastino, Foot Patrol is “pretty certain” the suspects detained Monday are the perpetrators of Sunday’s armed robbery.

“They basically just hit the place next door,” Plastino said. “The suspect description was the same. The investigation will determine whether they’re the same people from the night before but we’re 99 percent sure.”

Monday evening at approximately 5:30 p.m., IVFP received report of another armed robbery on the 6600 block of Sabado Tarde Road involving “4 to 5 black male adults armed with a firearm,” according to a UCSB Alert. The suspects remain at large and IVFP is currently investigating.

Plastino said he believes Monday’s incident is not related to the armed robberies that occurred Saturday and Sunday.

“I would guess they’re not from the area, but you never know,” Plastino said. “Typically you’ll get gangsters from other counties coming into I.V. to take advantage of students and residents here.”

Plastino said armed robberies are “unusual” for I.V.

“Typically you’ll see two to three here per year — they do happen, but not often,” Plastino said.