The AS Finance Board convened in the State St room in the UCEN on Monday. Will Tran/Daily Nexus

The A.S. Finance and Business Committee convened in the State St. room in the UCen on Monday. Will Tran/Daily Nexus

The Associated Students Finance and Business Committee met in the State Street Room in the UCen on Monday evening to listen to and grant funding requests to various student organizations.

Three groups received full funding before the Board lost forum due to an inadequate number of members and continued in discussion over what they would decide to fund when the Board met again. Groups that received full funding included El Congreso, receiving $10,000 for their Raza College Rally, the Japanese Language Café receiving $250 and finally Chicano/Chicana Grads, which received $14,077 to hold an alternative graduation for Latino/Latina students. Cotillion Dance’s request for $150 for a non-dance social at the Student Resources Building was tabled after representatives for the club failed to show up to the meeting. The other groups will now wait to hear back from the Board and will receive responses to their funding requests when the A.S. Senate meets this Wednesday.

Student comedy group Laughology requested $6,510 for their six upcoming shows after explaining that they had an impressive lineup including Dana Gould, a writer for the Simpsons, and Grammy Award winning comic Tig Notaro.

“Winter quarter is historically slow for just about everything. It’s really hard to get people to come in — not true for us,” a spokesperson for the club said. “It seems like we are on a bit of a snowball effect here and we’ve got a really crazy order of comedians lined up. It is probably the best quarter we have ever booked.”

The American Institute for Chemical Engineers (AIChE), a student association of chemical engineering students, asked for $842 for funding for an annual Southern California regional mixer that will be open to all students on campus at all year levels.

The event will feature AIChE representatives from six universities and 80 chapters, according to AIChE Internal Vice President and third-year chemical engineering major Dilpreet Kaur.

“Specifically right now, it is a very important for us to go because our current president is resigning due to personal issues and we have two other people stepping up in leadership,” Kaur said. “This conference will give a great opportunity for them to talk to other leaders and the other organizations and see how we can complete our events for this year and get advice on running our chapter.”

The Lindy Circle, a Goleta-based dance organization, came to request $2,632 for a dancing event with a band they have every quarter. Representatives for the club said this year’s event will feature a premier swing dance act led by jazz guitarist Jonathan Stout.

The Women’s Ensemble Troupe, a women’s student theatre organization on campus, requested $3,000 to put on the Vagina Monologues, an ensemble performance play featuring women’s personal perspectives on love, sex, rape, gender and other issues, held each Winter quarter. In addition, the Muslim Student Association requested an additional $284 for transportation to an upcoming MSA conference at UCLA. The Chinese Students and Scholars Association also requested to re-allocate $324, the Women’s Ensemble requested $3,000, literary arts magazine the Catalyst requested $4,759, Laughology requested $6510, the Lindy Circle requested $2,632 and the American Institute for Chemical Engineers requested $842.