During the Associated Students Finance and Business Committee meeting on Monday, A.S. Womyn’s Commission appealed to reallocate over $5,000 in funds previously set aside for travel, Off-Campus Senators requested to receive $100 for for a forum this Friday and the Black Student Union requested $250 for the Black Coalition Conference’s registration fees and $1,035 for hotel costs for a group of 60 people. Alex Nagase/Daily Nexus

The Associated Students Finance and Business Committee held its last meeting of the quarter on Monday in the UCen’s State Street Room, where they heard six requests for funding.

During the meeting, A.S. Womyn’s Commission appealed to reallocate over $5,000 in funds previously set aside for travel. Several funding measures were also passed, including Off-Campus Senators’ request to receive $100 for fliers and food for a forum this Friday as well as the Black Student Union’s request for $250 for the Black Coalition Conference’s registration fees and $1,035 for hotel costs for a group of 60 people.

A member of the Excursion Club asked for a reallocation of funds, as the club wanted to put the $950 received last week to instead pay $100 each for the bands Sun Daes and Yancellor Chang as well as $750 for their equipment.

“Once we realized what funding we would be getting from the Board we talked to the bands and they all need equipment, but we didn’t get any funding for equipment,” the Excursion Club member said. “It is pretty vital to our event because we really need the lighting to make it a safe event and the generators power the lights.”

The Japanese Language Cafe asked for $420 for three events which are open to the public: a $100 karaoke potluck on Dec. 4 in the Multicultural Center Lounge, a $160 Winter BBQ at Goleta Beach on Jan 16 and a $160 Spring BBQ at Goleta Beach on April 11.

Japanese Language Cafe President Eric Lee said the karaoke potluck would be a great final event for students graduating or returning home.

“We think that it’s a great chance for everyone to get together and exchange cultures and many times at the end of the quarter some people are graduating or going back to Japan,” Lee said.

A.S. Finance and Business Committee Chief Financial Officer Andre Theus said the committee was unable to fund the event, as the club has already been funded for an off-campus event for the quarter.

“We can’t fund you at all for your Goleta Beach events because you have used your one time exception for an off-campus event,” Theus said.

Lee said the club would then only request $100 for the potluck this Thursday, but the committee said they would not fund the club’s potluck and suggested the club try to find place on campus for their other two events.

Theus said the students should relocate the event in order to receive funding.

“If you had it here on campus we could fund you for those two events,” Theus said, “so you can come back again because we can’t fund you for the rest of this quarter. Change from Goleta Beach to on campus.”

Co-Chair of the A.S. Womyn’s Commission Danielle Maldonado requested successfully that the committee approve the transfer of their $5,740 travel budget to special projects.

“It has always been there, but we haven’t ever used any of it yet and I’m still leaving money in there in case it ever is needed,” Maldonado said. “The only conference that we’ve considered going to is UC Berkeley’s Empowering Women of Color, and it is during our finals week, so that’s really the only conference we wanted to go to. We have been looking this year but we haven’t found any.”

Co-Presidents of the Art Club Janice Agustin and Lucy Maybank asked for $700 for the Honors’ Art Show this upcoming Spring and $1,050 for the Undergraduate Art Show in June 2015, stating they had not received funding from the university Art Department.

Senator Esteni Dominguez explained the budget breakdown for the Art Club’s request to other Senators.

“They are just asking for food, music and materials to put up and put down artwork,” Dominguez said, “The only reason why the second event is more is because they’re expecting double the amount of people coming for the second show.”