fantasy football

Emily Zhang/Daily Nexus

Welcome my fellow Fantasy Sports Islanders! I hope your week went as fantastic as mine did.

Not to brag, but I took a sweep in all three of my leagues. I won in a heated match with the 2nd place team in the league to keep my crown and my eight-week win-streak alive. I was sweating bricks Monday night when Big Ben came to play after the games he has had lately. My opponent had Ben, Antonio Brown, and the Steelers Defense (I don’t suggest that strategy), but I was scared my 40-point lead would somehow disappear. It nearly did. Feel lucky if you’re playing their owners this week, because the Steel Curtain is on the bye.

It was nice to win in Fantasy, but sadly, my team, the Birds from Philly, took quite a hit from the roster of fantasy studs that fill up the Cheese Heads from Wisconsin. It was too bittersweet having Randall Cobb on two of my rosters, and Mark Sanchez looked like he was wearing the other green jersey again. Enough about that though, lets get down to business for this week.

Suspended No More

Guess what week it is? It’s Josh Gordon week! If you have him, you have to at least give him a start at your flex position, especially if you’re in the bottom half of your league. No, he hasn’t played a game all season, but he hasn’t been selling cars either; he’s been in the gym and on the field. He’s ready to go and more than worth a try. The Browns are playing Atlanta, which just got exposed in back-to-back weeks, giving up 109 yards to Kelvin Benjamin, 125 to Sammy Watkins, and 151 to Golden Tate. Needless to say, the Falcons can’t handle skilled young receivers, and last year, Gordon was the best in the league. He is owned in about 80% of leagues so he could be waiting in yours; go grab him.

America’s Team

The Dallas Cowboys are coming off a full week of rest after a game in which Tony Romo looked good as the Cowboys beat the Jags – not that that says very much. Dallas has this year’s best running back in DeMarco Murray, one of the best receivers in Dez Bryant, and a hot QB in Romo coming off the bye week to play the New York Giants. It’s like an early Christmas for these Cowboy stars. Both Murray and Bryant are projected to score well over twenty, especially in PPR leagues, so start’em.

The Dwight-Luck Club

It has been very evident that Andrew Luck is a fan of the Tight End position. Fleener, his old college teammate, was supposed to be the man of the show but that has not been the case this year at all. Dwight Allen has stolen the spotlight as he has reeled in a touchdown in every game this season but two. This duo is playing division rival Jacksonville, which should be a recipe for points for these two Colts.

Beast Mode?

Marshawn Lynch, as we know, is a force to be reckoned with. This week may be the only time that I don’t see him having a guaranteed 100 yards on the ground as the Hawks play one of the best defenses in the Cardinals. Arizona has given up the 2nd fewest fantasy points to the RB position, so if you have the means to replace Lynch with a player that will surely reel in 12+ points, I say sit Beast Mode out of this one.

Gone and Possibly Forgotten

Yesterday, Ben Tate was dropped from the Cleveland Browns. He showed some signs of life in the middle of this year, but not enough for the Browns to care for with other backs handling most of the workload. Surely he will find his way onto an NFL roster but his production will be extremely limited. Time to drop him.

On Sunday, Emmanuel Sanders took a huge hit and was taken out of the game. He currently is going through NFL concussion regulations but should not miss more than a week of action. Hold on to him.

Daniel doesn’t always brag about his weekend sweeps or his fantasy team’s eight-game winning streaks, but when he does, it’s to make himself feel better about the fact that Mark Sanchez is the Eagles’ starting quarterback.