After eating at the DLG every day, or worse, the dreaded Portola, it’s easy to get bored by the food, regardless of the changing menus. If you’re already able to predict the next dinner at Ortega, it’s time you got out of that same-old-same-old rut. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to excite your taste buds at no additional expense. The main ingredients: a little creativity and whatever you can fit on your plate. To begin spicing up your life, transform your side dish into a full blown entrée with this recipe for Sexy Loaded Fries.
What You’ll Need:
- French Fries (preferably crinkle-cut)
- Grilled Chicken from the Mexican Food Section (may be substituted)
- Shredded Cheese
- Cholula Hot Sauce
- Tabasco Hot Sauce
- Put as many french fries as your stomach desires onto a plate.
- To make a sexy buffalo sauce, mix a squirt of lime juice, little bit of butter, Tabasco and Cholula sauce in a bowl or a cup. Pour it all over the french fries, but remember that everything in moderation, (including moderation) is key. You can also add some barbecue sauce if you would like.
- Go over to the Mexican Food Section and add whatever they have to make your fries even better. It’s best when they have grilled chicken, but anything works. If you do not eat meat, beans are a great substitute.
- Cover everything generously with shredded cheese. And don’t be discouraged if the cheese sticks to the tongs. Yes, baby. Cheese is life.
- Microwave it for one minute. (There is a microwave in the dining commons, folks!)