Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

I have no idea how it came so quickly, but we are officially half way through the NFL season. Needless to say that some of our lives, mine included, will soon be meaningless. On that note, I’ve chosen to try my best to be optimistic until then and hopefully help you guys out in your quest to avoid getting “The Sacco” in your fantasy leagues.

We had a pretty exciting week, with some regulars getting their usualnumbers as well as some behind the scenes guys sneaking in some points here and there. The combo of Brady and Gronk reeled in enough points to earn a victory on their own in some leagues and Big Ben put on a passing clinic that I doubt will be topped in this decade. These are guys who are surely gone in your league so let’s swing over to some of the new faces that may be worthy of a spot on your championship roster. We’ll start with a couple of wideouts.

Sammy Watkins (WR-Bills)

I will not spend much time on this guy as I am sure that he has already been spoon-fed to you all enough already by Sportscenter, but they are by no means wrong to do so. This kid is a stud and we have seen that since he shocked fans with his one-handed snag in preseason. There is no need to drop numbers, Ill just flat out say that he should be 100% owned in Fantasy leagues which is why I mention him now because he was available in two of my leagues last week despite his high ownership. Hopefully you get as lucky as I did. ACT FAST!

Martavis Bryant (WR-Steelers)

Now I don’t want to say that his game Sunday is a direct reflection of how he will play throughout the year due to Roethlisberger’s record breaking day, but that doesn’t mean he wont match it or consistently come close to doing so. His NFL debut came two weeks ago, where he was able to find his first ever TD, and this past week he snatched up two of them against the defense that has given up the least points to receivers, even dropping a third one in the 3rd quarter. In his first two career appearances, he has seven receptions for 123yds and three TD’s. He is the hottest midseason rookie in major sports since Yasiel Puig’s LA debut. He stands at 6’4” and is a deadly weapon when it comes to the red zone since he is an incredibly hard man-to-man matchup and he has Big Ben leading him. If you are aching at the wideout position or need a bye-week filler then this is the man for you. He is currently owned in just 7% of Yahoo leagues! Lets show him some respect and give him a chance.

Lorenzo Taliaferro (RB-Ravens)

As well as these studs, you may want to pay attention to the Baltimore running back situation as Pierce has been invisible and they have thrown in a ton of guys in his and Rice’s absence. The new addition this week was Lorenzo Taliaferro whom picked up a quiet two TD’s off of goal line plays as well as 42 receiving yards, so he could prove to be a possible flex, especially in PPR leagues. But I would give him another week to test both his legitimacy and the respect that John Harbaugh has for him. If you’re down and out though, go ahead and give him a shot. Goodluck with your match ups and may the rushing attempts and reception targets be ever in your favor. See ya’ll next week.

This is a Daily Nexus online exclusive.