Law enforcement officials arrested an Isla Vista couple Friday for conspiring to sell drugs, after one pound of marijuana was discovered in a car owned by one of the individuals.

According to a news release from the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office, UCPD officers working with the Isla Vista Foot Patrol conducted a traffic stop on 25-year-old Julius Perdomo on the 6500 block of Del Playa Drive. Soon after, the officers discovered the marijuana and evidence indicating that he was selling narcotics, including $127,000 in cash. Perdomo was arrested and taken into custody, and is now being held on $30,000 bail.

Sheriff’s Deputies later obtained a search warrant to enter Perdomo’s residence on the 700 block of Camino Del Sur, where they found 58 pounds of processed marijuana, one pound of psilocybin mushrooms and 42 grams of concentrated cannabis. They also found evidence indicating that Perdomo’s 23-year-old girlfriend, Sarah Pet, was selling narcotics with Perdomo. Pet was arrested and taken into custody, but has now been released.

Additionally, Sheriff’s Deputies found $17,000 in cash and two safety deposit box keys during the course of the investigation. After searching the safety deposit boxes, as well as Perdomo and Pet’s bank account, another $93,000 and $16,000 were seized, respectively, bringing the cash seized during the investigation to a total of $127,000.

Lieutenant Rob Plastino of the Isla Vista Foot Patrol affirmed that neither of the suspects are UCSB students.

A version of this story appeared on page 5 of Thursday, January 23, 2014’s print edition of the Daily Nexus.