A few months back, an article in the New York Times had a headline that read: “Black and White and in the Red: Student Newspapers Scurry to Make Ends Meet.” The story immediately caught my attention, as the Nexus has undergone its own trials and errors with getting enough money to get the paper out every day. Detailing the recent struggles of college newspapers nationwide, the story recounted a flurry of fiscal figures, statistics and testimonies from other universities that all came down to one hard-to-swallow truth: Campus publications are changing forever and it looks like print media is a thing of yesterday.

We’ve seen this change coming for quite a while, as Newsweek magazine went online-only back in 2010, when billionaire Sidney Harman bought the 80 year-old magazine, and the Los Angeles Times reduced its paper size in 2009 while the New York Times made the reduction in 2006 and the Wall Street Journal did so in 2005. But the tide against print media is just now reaching the pages of college newspapers, with many daily university publications going weekly or even partnering up with local news outlets in just the last year. Papers at George Washington University, University of Virginia, UC Berkeley, University of Texas, Austin and countless other schools are cutting down their investments in print and amping up their websites and social media outreach. Now, as the No. 9 college newspaper in the nation (as ranked by the Princeton Review), it’s time for the Daily Nexus to do the same.

From now on, we will only print three days a week — Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. However, news stories and other content will be updated to dailynexus.com five days a week and we’ll be working under Storke Tower every day, as we always have, to make sure of that.

But cutting print issues doesn’t just mean we post all our usual content online. It also means that we’re completely changing the way the Nexus delivers news and other information to our readers. Breaking news updates will be featured on the Twitter and Facebook Pages for the Daily Nexus, and the website is undergoing a redesign and other changes to make it more user-friendly. We’ll be featuring more multimedia content online, including videos and slideshows, as well as a whole new lineup of blogs.

For now, we are also asking for any input on how we can better reach you. If there are any ideas you have for us, or any sections or topics you’d like to see in the Nexus, please let us know. Drop me an email at eic@dailynexus.com or stop by the office anytime after 4 p.m. The office is a fun little place that the university lets us work and practically live in so you’re more than welcome to join in the fun. We’re also holding training sessions for writers, editors, photographers, artists and other open positions today at our office under Storke Tower at 5 p.m.

Marissa Wenzke is the Editor in Chief of the Daily Nexus.

A version of this article appeared on page 3 of January 6th’s print edition of the Daily Nexus.