During this past weekend, the Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to several burglaries and alcohol-related crimes.

According to IVFP Lieutenant Ray Vuillemainroy, while the weekend was relatively quiet, there were a number of incidents of theft.

Vuillemainroy said one of the burglaries occurred Friday night on the 6800 block of Sabado Tarde Road, when the front and rear doors of a residence were left unlocked.

“The residents did not realize anything was missing when … they arrived home,” Vuillemainroy said. “When the [residents] awoke at 6 a.m., they [realized] several items were missing — including a laptop, two backpacks, and a Nintendo 64.”

IVFP also responded to another burglary, which occurred on the 6600 block of Sabado Tarde.

“It appears that the suspect made entry via a hidden key that was left under the doormat,” Vuillemainroy said. “The suspect took two MacBook Pros valued at $3100 dollars from the residence.”

However, it is still unclear whether the suspect had prior knowledge of the hidden door key, according to Vuillemainroy.

In addition to the burglaries, deputies gave eight citations for minor in possession, six citations for open containers and arrested two people for public intoxication.

A version of this article appeared on page 1 of April 23rd, 2013′s print edition of the Daily Nexus.