Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

News

Fire Department Responds to Man’s Fall From DP Cliff

Early Sunday morning, a call was made to the Santa Barbara County Fire Department reporting a man’s fall from the oceanside cliffs off of Del Playa Drive.

A 22-year-old male, whose identity has not yet been released, was rescued from the beach below the cliffs of 6633 DP. The victim was reportedly in serious condition and was rushed to the hospital by the SBCFD just after midnight on Sunday morning, according to the SBFD newsline. No further details have been released regarding the incident, but it is assumed that the subject is still alive.

DP’s cliffside location has historically posed a threat to citizens of Isla Vista, with drops of more than 20 feet guarded only by a chain-link fence. In the past year, there have been a total of two deaths and three injuries related to cliff falls.

A version of this article appeared on page 3 of April 23rd, 2013′s print edition of the Daily Nexus.

Note:

In an effort to combat spam, comments that include links must be manually approved. Comments will generally be approved in under an hour depending on the time that they are submitted.

Please do not submit correction requests in the comments section as comments are not reviewed regularly. Correction requests submitted this way therefore may not be noticed for weeks at a time. Please submit all correction requests to eic@dailynexus.com or to the editor of the section in which the story in question appears.